• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Cosmetic" Ideas

TheJMCreations

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 26, 2011
Things to add just for looks:

♦ Visible breath for colder maps
♦ HUD overlay depicting "icyness" to show cold when not moving
♦ Slightly less speed in colder snow maps - not really cosmetic though
♦ Destructible ammo dumps or barrels

Any other ideas you can think of?

Last edited:
♦ Visible breath for colder maps
I guess this would only be on 3rd person models? I think this could be good.
♦ HUD overlay depicting "icyness" to show cold when not moving.
I dont think so, im not even a fan of the red jam in your eye
it doesnt look real
♦ Slightly less speed - not really cosmetic though
What? run speed? this is fine and depends on a weight system and health (I assume)
EDIT: just noticed what you meant, perhaps for alittle bit at the start before you war up

Welcome to the forums:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess this would only be on 3rd person models? I think this could be good.

Why only the third person view? It would be nice on the first person model too. Only cosmetic detail but very pretty.

With the second proposal I can`t agree. It associates me with old 2D games effects. Every change of color on the screen isn`t good for me.

When it comes to the third idea - yes, it would be good. It`s the one of things which makes to change your positions on the map.

Last edited:
Reactions: cucamonster
Upvote 0
I guess the first idea is pretty neat. To add to the realism, another thing might be to add frozen off body parts. Not like arms and legs, but eye lids and ears and such, maybe a pinky.

I got this idea from Band of Brothers, which I was reading and at one part of the book it says judging from the frosted off eyelids and lips, they figured out he had been on the Ostfront.

I also don't like the slower speed, but in real life they were dug deep in snow, and may've had slight issues in movement. Otherwise, I guess ok ideas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
tripping would be cool. if you are running around and don't jump over the piece of wall or debris you go sprawling. but only when sprinting and i'm not talking about the stuff you can hide behind and fight but stuff on the ground. a bucket, rifle laying on the ground.. that sort of stuff.

the shiver thing is a good idea i think.. if you are in a place not moving after a time your guy starts to shiver. start moving and it stops. another game did something similar but i don't remember the game. the caractor would get antsy, the screen would go to third person and he would be looking around and stuff. i don't mean to do it that way.. just screen shiver, not continuous of coarse, every 15 seconds or so like it would happen like in real life... and even seeing a little breath as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
eh i just cant think of how it would not look weird/silly also seems like it would take alot of work to make it look good

Yes, it requires a labour and time. As well as with other things/features...

I`ve written about that because I missed it when I was playing Hidden and Dangerous series for example. In H&D2 you can see your breathe only on 3rd person, not on 1st. I would like to see my breathe both on 3rd and 1st person view or not at all. A partial solution isn`t satisfactory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cosmetically speaking, TWI should concentrate on the HUD, game interface and menus in general, as opposed to adding little extras like condensation and visible breath.

The menus and fonts we've seen so far look incredibly 'blocky' and ugly, the fonts are dire and the Axis/Allies symbols don't look very sharp either (though that has been mentioned).

Extras like these are fine, but not at the expense of more obvious things like the general interface.

Upvote 0