• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: Barrett M99

ahh. u want it at 14 then tho - the machete is only 1 now - if it was 13 you could carry the M99 a machete and pipe bombs. which isn't horrid, but whatever. I just dislike pipe bombs. And i often play as demo too lol.

No, every player has at least 1/15 weight used, it's weird. All the default equipment combined counts as 1 weight.

So to allow M99 + Machete, it would need to be 13, not 14.

Upvote 0
If you're going for whitelist, or official addition, 1 hit killing a fleshpound is still too much. 2 shots for 6-man HoE, or even 1 shot and half a mag from the Mk23. No matter how much it weighs, 25 fleshpounds per wave being demolished without effort is.. just what a lot of us want to avoid.

Not like I'd condemn this gun or anything, it's pretty damn sexy, but still, reconsider the damage. Besides - it'd ONLY be with the MAX amount of players in the HARDEST difficulty where the gun didn't insta-kill everything. Is that too much?

Upvote 0
To Lewt:
Kf is all about balance. so normally i'd agree with u. but i have big hands. and the case for the bullet of a .50 cal is longer than my hand and thicker than my thumb. Its designed to kill big mother F67^$ers. You can't look at a tank and say "lets give it the stats of an SUV to make it less awesome" thats just wrong. and what ur doing here. Besides, If you survived long enough to buy the M99 and you're willing to give up everything for 30 shots and ur 9mm/MK23 then you're going for pure stopping power. and if 25 FPs are being demolished by this guy, then they wouldve been killed anyway by a SS with a CBow. Just not as epically. Maybe 1shot-ing on HoE is a tad strong tho. rant about epicness over, it should be like, 75% or something, so someone still has to clean up for u, or u need another shot. Cause in the end, Lewt is prolly right :p

Upvote 0
Depends if you want this whitelisted or just to play around on the grey. If the latter, then I'm all for guns that aren't perfectly balanced. Realism versus balance, yada yada yada.

Also a fleshpound can survive decapitation under some circumstances. Maybe even give it just enough power to blow a head off, but leave the FP running around and mauling stuff unless you got someone else to help down it.

What I'm curious about is damage vs headshot damage for the M99.. Could you just hit a siren in the chest and kill her that way, or would it have decent damage and a massive headshot multiplier? Because at least a gorefast shouldn't survive a hole in its stomach bigger than his head.

Upvote 0
What I'm curious about is damage vs headshot damage for the M99.. Could you just hit a siren in the chest and kill her that way, or would it have decent damage and a massive headshot multiplier? Because at least a gorefast shouldn't survive a hole in its stomach bigger than his head.

^^^ good question. and well said about the gorefast :p

Upvote 0
Depends if you want this whitelisted or just to play around on the grey. If the latter, then I'm all for guns that aren't perfectly balanced. Realism versus balance, yada yada yada.

Also a fleshpound can survive decapitation under some circumstances. Maybe even give it just enough power to blow a head off, but leave the FP running around and mauling stuff unless you got someone else to help down it.

I really like your suggestions! We will try to give it enough damage to blow off the fp's head and just blow it off. So that there isn't even a chance to get an insta kill.

Upvote 0
So a friend was playing KF and got raped by a fleshpound, and he was like, "i want a .50 cal to kill those things!" so i gave him the rundown on this one. And he came up with a fairly good ALT FIRE - only problem is i'm unsure as to whether its feasible code wise. His idea was that if your crouching you deploy a biopod. I told him this wouldn't be of much use, since guns are steady enough for the sniping needed in KF, but he suggested that the bipod make u go ZED TIME. So the idea is that you go into zed time and snipe that way, which would make you horribly vulnerable (we thought u'd be made unable to turn more than 90 degrees or so, so u would need another to watch ur back) but it would improve shots on FP and Skrakes, so you wouldn't always be wasting ammo. It could have a charge like the syringe or welder, so as to prevent a player from using it in a non zed-spawning corner and just killing everything, but the big thing would be the time - it would take forever to go bi-pod, so it would have to be used pro-actively, not reactively.
So what do you think? If its not a feasible alt fire thats ok, or if its coding is just to difficult, but it'd be an awesome thing to do.

Reactions: _Duke_
Upvote 0