• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 and why I will play BF3 more

Origin has now rights to know what is happening on your screen, what site are you visiting and snoop what games/movies are you downloading illegally.

Basicly they have rights to know everything what are you doing while online.

Gaming industry in general has gone cancer anyway.

Enjoy your BF3.

WOW be moar sensationalist nub. Go read your Steam or Facebook EULAs while your at it rather than regurgitating rumors you heard on the internet that you know nothing about.

Upvote 0
Well i'm happy to say that RO2 has totally blown me away, it's like a breath of fresh air, i never played the first and although i had been following this game my expectations wasn't that high but i can honestly say that i think i'll end of playing more of RO2 than BF3. Being someone that hates COD but plays BF due to lack of choice i really love the realisim in this game. I'm surprised with some of the negativity i see, i read earlier people complaining about the maps being small, personally i couldn't place any of the maps in that catagory. I can't wait for more maps and until the modding begins.

Well done to Tripwire for their hard work, it's really paid of.

You sort of gave the answer in your posts as to why some are complaining...because they played RO, you'd have been on cloud nine if you had played RO at some point, in it's day it was far superior to RO2.

Upvote 0
I totally agree with the poster. RO2 is fun for a little while but the BF3 beta kept me playing for hours which RO2 just doesn't do for me now.

I played 1000+ hours of ROOST/DH and I kept coming back while I played battlefield games only sometimes and now the roles are about to turn it seems. RO2 just doesn't have that spark anymore and TW should have stayed closer to the original game, especially with the gun handeling.

BF3 seems to be back stronger and more realistic then any of the previous titles. BF3 still has a lot of annoying arcade features but so does ROhave right now.
I still have hope that TW will change the gameplay and come with some different maps, or more likely the modders will create something beatifull like DH, but untill then I'll gave BF3 a try as well.

Upvote 0
BF3 will turn into everyone spawnkilling or killing themselves just to get in a vechile AKA exactly like BF, BF2, BFBC.

That being said R02 will have the MODS and the maps. The in innovation will be with R02, like it always has been. Sure BF3 has the graphical splendour and some nice game play. But as PC gamers people need to stop jumping on the console port wagon and realise there is other GOOD software houses out there that do good stuff.

R02 is a old school shooter in a way, its hard, it has a few issues that need to get resolved, which will get resovled unlike other mainstream titles of buy, play forget.

I myself will be playing both games, i mean i have this nice fairly well equipped PC i want to play lots of games not just restrict myself to one. But then thats also CLAN dependent

p.s

I wont play COD though out of principle and the general attitude of COD players these days.

Upvote 0
But as PC gamers people need to stop jumping on the console port wagon and realise there is other GOOD software houses out there that do good stuff.

The irony here is that BF3 is made on an engine that was built to take advantage of PC's and their power while RO2 is on the most console-port friendly engine ever known to man with Unreal Engine 3

I'm playing BF3 now because I get 80-120 FPS in that game and it's stressing out my PC, while in Ro2 i get to look at 40-50 FPS while my PC works at 20% capacity.

I wanted to love this game, but the crappy engine they're using doesn't want me to.

Upvote 0
The irony here is that BF3 is made on an engine that was built to take advantage of PC's and their power while RO2 is on the most console-port friendly engine ever known to man with Unreal Engine 3

I'm playing BF3 now because I get 80-120 FPS in that game and it's stressing out my PC, while in Ro2 i get to look at 40-50 FPS while my PC works at 20% capacity.

I wanted to love this game, but the crappy engine they're using doesn't want me to.

The only reason they used UE3 is because they got the license for free. The damn engine is made for GOW3. GOW3!!!! A game that would never have the detail or map size of an RO game. Thats why TW "modified" it into "UE3.5" which basically allowed for more detail and slightly larger maps.

But.... -some detail = +size of maps. You can partially blame Epic Games for making a crappy engine.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0