• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Portal 2

I found the SP horrible, as well as the HL2 SP, I don't see why everyone likes it so much.

I agree. The portal gun itself is quite fun to use, but I wanted to use it in combat, not to solve some static puzzles. That gets boring very quickly for me. Need violence in my Portal, then it'd be worth the price of admission.

Otherwise, I think I'll just wait until it goes down to like $7.50 in a Steam sale to pick this one up.

Upvote 0
http://www.thinkwithportals.com/comic/#1

Webcomic, I wonder why this page doesn't work with Opera :mad:

Works for me fine :confused:

Was holding off getting portal 2 as you just know a few months down the line it'll be 50% off or more. But I just get the feeling it will be one of those games best played first hand and completely unspoiled. And you just know that even if you are careful, unless you play it yourself on the release week, you will no doubt end up hearing/reading something about it that will partly ruin it.

Upvote 0
wtf lol...latest update for The Ball:

63e0b03b5462e9d3279c81c98bc43d62dc0f11780c202d403176c80bd8bf34fb6g.jpg

Reactions: illinifan
Upvote 0
I agree. The portal gun itself is quite fun to use, but I wanted to use it in combat, not to solve some static puzzles. That gets boring very quickly for me. Need violence in my Portal, then it'd be worth the price of admission.

Otherwise, I think I'll just wait until it goes down to like $7.50 in a Steam sale to pick this one up.

Yeah its certainly worth one playthrough. But I just didn't get the big deal about the game. Its unique, and in a good way yes. And Valve made it, so despite it being a different kind of game it was of good quality. But the obsession over "the cake" and "staying alive" really grinded my gears. To me, those two things weren't very memorable or worth being used like its a legendary line, such as "Its time to kick *** and chew bubble gum [etc.]" I will play this second one probably when it gets cheaper as well. I'm interested in seeing whats new with the Source engine. And then we need us some Episode 3 info!

Upvote 0