• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some "Concerns" and suggestions

Yoshilast

Grizzled Veteran
May 10, 2009
Hi everyone,this thread that im making is gana be about some "Concerns" and suggestions to make Killing Floor beter. Now what I mean by "Concerns" is just minor crap, nothing to worry about.

Gameplay

*IronSite - From what I read, tripwire changed Alexs right click ironsight and added in an ironsight toggle key and quick ironsight. This is a pretty good idea except the fact with weapons that have scopes and such, I have difficulty using the ironsight key will in extreme gaming conditions...now i have my ironsight as a key not a mouse button, a standard mouse has 3 buttons on it (left click, right click and middle button). Now generally you would have left click as primary fire, middle button is reload as usual but right was default to ironsight. I see that you guys wanted iron sight to be convenient but what about alternate fire for weapons? Alright most weapons in killing floor doesn't have a alternate fire but what if i needed to instant kill a clot that grabbed me with my knife? Wheres my alternate fire button? By the time I find it, I might be dead already, and what if I use melee a lot? Same deal, now what i would suggest you do is for weapons that don't have an alternate fire, have there alternate fire be quick ironsight, much more convenient and people would be able to access it more quickly when its really needed, from what Ive see online people haven't been using the Winchester a lot... that's because in order to use its iron sight you need to toggle/hold down your ironsight button and then fire. So consider doing this for easier access.

Graphics

*N/a

Killing Floor Engine

*Karma Physics - From what I know Karma physics don't work in Killing Floor yet...I tried making a karma prop in my map and well it just sorta hung there, I also looked through the maps that came with Killing Floor and the objects that were SUPOOSED to be Karma objects have blocking volume around or something...(Idk i can't remember ill recheck after school). (will put in more information latter)

Besides that I can't think of anything else at the moment, if you guys got anything else that has "Concerns" and suggestions tell me. :D

Middle mouse button = reload? What game has EVER had that?! It would piss me off so much...

Other than that, I don't really see what you're complaining about. I read your entire post and it seems to kinda loop and have no point.

Ya middle mouse reload button what crap are you talking about :p. Alot of gamers use middle mouse button as reload. Plus its default on KF.

Upvote 0
The only thing I can agree with here is, make the alternate fire for guns without one iron sights. (I want it to do that a couple times on my 9mm and shotgun, and end up using a flashlight.)

Also, you can rebind keys... You know that right? You complained you might not find your alt fire button, or wanted it on right click... You can change it to that. I have my alt fire on right click, and ironsights mouse 5 (I have the new sidewinder from microsoft)... Although you could use mouse 3 as ironsights, but you use it as reload. Which I have never done, and actually, never heard of. I always used, and heard of r.

Upvote 0