• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Smoke Grenades?

I think the best way to implement those would be to give the tanks an ability to fire smoke grenades and give the NCOs a possibility to call artillery to fire a smoke screen instead of normal barrage. Hand thrown ones would cause just spam.

Of course, if it was to be implemented as I suggested, it would require really good teamplay, but I can imagine the effect it would have on maps like Basovka.

Upvote 0
There is only one way to have smoke in the game and thats smoke shells fired from artillery. Trust me when I say you don't want smoke grenades. Not only will people spam them and smoke your very position so you have to move, but they will more than likely get you killed. I know in World War 2 Online we have smoke grenades and they are pretty useless in almost every situation. The only purpose for smoke grenades in ww2ol is to tell the enemy where you are so they can kill you faster.

Now if they made smoke grenades puff out an extra unrealistically large smoke screen it might work, but when people see the smoke they are going to pour every round into it and nade it, and you will be lucky to get through. It could also work on smaller maps when the enemy knows where you are anyway, but on larger maps it will only attract attention.

Upvote 0
I think Ghad had a great idea in only giving them to the Commander position... for three reasons..

Having only one class (that is usually limited to 1-2 players) that has smoke grenades would solve any spam problems. (maybe give them only 1 grenade and 1 smoke nade)

The commander is usually 'commanding' guys forward/ the one giving out orders, so he wouldnt be running out into action first... it would make sense for him to throw the smoke nades and then tell his guys to move forward.

Smoke nades would increase the immersion on some maps. Only maps like Odessa and Kessel and Krasny should have smoke nades. (Closer quarters maps as opposed to Arad or more wide open maps)

my 2 cents

Upvote 0
REZ said:
I think Ghad had a great idea in only giving them to the Commander position... for three reasons..

Having only one class (that is usually limited to 1-2 players) that has smoke grenades would solve any spam problems. (maybe give them only 1 grenade and 1 smoke nade)

The commander is usually 'commanding' guys forward/ the one giving out orders, so he wouldnt be running out into action first... it would make sense for him to throw the smoke nades and then tell his guys to move forward.

my 2 cents

My idea exactly, NCO = commander.

Upvote 0
i would go for option to use them or not...

i would go for option to use them or not...

I had situations where i would welcome a smoke grenade for sure.Pinned down in both directions,i needed smoke to make thick smoke and rush through,common it works even in games like DOD,the guys spraying the smoke dont have unlimited ammo so why worries and someone always manage to squeeze through...So if there is option to take them i would take one.
well its just me ....

Upvote 0