• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI do something with the spawnwaiting

The Beast (nl)

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2006
The Netherlands
Today i choose a map then my role and choose ready.
See spawnwating 20 secs after that again and again and again till
i had enough of it and went.

And the second round, waiting for spawn. You hear shooting and you see axis or alllies capping.
Then i have to vomit that i am still waiting.

This happens too much and often when my team or I is/are winning.

And when you choose another roll it mostly doesn`t help much.

But i find it become frustrating and destroys my enjoy in the game.

Last edited:
Definitely something that needs to be addressed, but it seems to be related to someone grabbing the role you selected before you. This seems to just leave you sitting waiting to spawn over and over again because you technically didnt select a role. Selecting a different role does fix the problem as I have run into this many times.

I imagine TWI just needs to add a check at each spawn wave to make sure the players waiting to spawn have selected a class and either pop up the role selection screen or auto-select the next best available class for them.

Reactions: Richey79
Upvote 0
What game mode is this? Have you tried switching teams to see if it spawns you? What do you mean by choosing a role "mostly doesnt help much"? Does it work sometimes? Not saying you should have to do that but more information would help.

You might try posting in the right section next time as well. Posting a bug in General will most likely be overlooked, even though I'm sure TWI is well aware of this one already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Definitely something that needs to be addressed, but it seems to be related to someone grabbing the role you selected before you. This seems to just leave you sitting waiting to spawn over and over again because you technically didnt select a role. Selecting a different role does fix the problem as I have run into this many times.

I imagine TWI just needs to add a check at each spawn wave to make sure the players waiting to spawn have selected a class and either pop up the role selection screen or auto-select the next best available class for them.

I am sorry, but it doesn`t.

Reactions: Richey79
Upvote 0
In case you guys haven't noticed, the loadouts have changed, and apart from riflemen (14) and squad leader (2) their is only one slot for each class, so if somebody has grabbed that 1 class slot before you, you must wait until they leave the server or maybe when they're dead.
Here is the loadouts for pavlov's house and spartanovka

Assault 1
Rifleman 14
Elite rifleman 1
Machine Gunner 1
Marksman 1
Engineer 1
Squad Leader 2
Commander 1

My server has 32 slots, so it might be different on a 64 slot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yesterday I was playing elite-rifleman for a change. At one point when I was waiting to spawn I realised that that something was wrong, the timer just restarted and I wouldn't spawn. Going into the select role screen I see that I lost my class without any notice.

In short; Do something about the horrible Battle Commission..

Upvote 0