• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your Funniest Kill

LOOY

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Light hearted thread for once.

Last game I played, I accidentally scrolled my mouse wheel instead of clicking it in, resulting in me whipping out my binoculars instead of meleeing. I didn't have time to switch weapon so I just rolled with it and caved in the guys face with them, didn't even know you could hit with those things.

Anyway, what's the funniest kill you've got so far in RO2?

Just imagine how this one happened.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Well, I was playing on a realism server on RO-Apartments as Germans the other night, when a friend of mine hopped into the game (as Russian) and we started up our mics. The Russians had advanced all the way to the Square. So I was running back and forth from a resupply point to the two MGs, which had set up in the windows overlooking the point, and supplying them with ammo. My friend and I were just bull****ting away on mic not really talking about anything in particular.

Well, on one of my return trips, I came back to find both of the MGs laying in pools of their own blood, so I immediately crouched. I took aim down my K98 sights and peaked out the window to the set of windows on the building across the park. I saw something in a window there that looked somewhat out of place, but I couldn't tell if it was a Russian or not, so I took the shot. Well, as soon as I pulled the trigger, I was nailed in the head and fell to the ground: dead. Coincidentally, at that very same moment, my friend yells over mic:

"No! I KNEW that was you!"

Apparently, we had killed each other, and as soon as he had been hit, he KNEW it was me who shot him; even before the death message popped up!

:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In the Gullies of Spartanovka, two german SMG-ers start shooting at me but miss, at about 20 meters. I pulled up my rifle in a twitch reaction and shoot, the bullet passes through the arm of the front most soldier and continues to pass through the next guy's arm. To my surpise they both start bandaging right in front of my eyes. Pew. Shot on in the head. Pew, shot the second one in the head. Couldn't stop giggeling for 5 minutes :D

Upvote 0
Funniest way I died was (at apartments by the tank, axis side) I went to melee somebody with my rifle. accidently hit grenade key, tried to melee him with the grenade...but its the underhand throw and drop it by his feet. I drop the grenade and run away to a safe distance to watch. Well the grenade went a little to far past the wall, blew up, got his attention, he turned and we shot at each other emptying our clips 5 feet away from each other. Finally he pulls out his pistol and hits me in the head.

Was very very sad.

Upvote 0
Walks inside Spartanovka's last cap...
Sees 7 russians sitting behind the windows...
Swings MG on back...
Loads a new clip into precious P38...
Walks along the line of camping Russians...
One round for every commie in the line...
When finished looks behind himself...
Too late, Russian bayonet already halfway through belly...
With last breath takes aim...
But it may not be, because some f*ggot ruined the fun I had by spraying with his PPSH though me into his team-mate killing both of us.

Oh srry this was the funny kill thread, my bad.

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
Funniest kill I've had was actually on me. Fallen Fighters as Allied. Because we'd already lost the first round due to my team not going for the objectives, I said screw it. I went Marksman and set up in a high window with a good view of Central Square.

I killed a guy so many times he switched teams to come up and bayo me in the back, promptly switching back to Axis. The same moment I chatted, "I think a German just switched teams to TK me," this guy this particular player writes, "haha this guy killed me so many times I just switched teams to tk him." Annoying, yes, but funny.

Upvote 0
Playing Red October Factory as Allies, I prone crawl (undetected, mind you) from initial spawn to the first objective, where the axis are already camped at the hole in the wall that faces our spawn. I carefully creep over and pull out a grenade, cook it a couple seconds, and let it fly right at the opening in the wall. Or so I thought...

The damn thing bounces off the brick on the side of the hole and lands right in front of my face before promptly blowing my brains back to the spawn.

Both teams got quite the chuckle out of that one.

Upvote 0
I was high up in the grain elevator testing out the AVT 40 when suddenly I heard a click noise behind me. I turned around and saw a german and we both just started at eachother for a second before I pulled the trigger and missed horribly. It was my last round in that mag and he sprinted behind a crate to start reloading and I did the same. Before I knew it he comes rushing out trying to melee me and I went full auto with the AVT hitting him everywhere.

Upvote 0
Another funny thing that happens way too often is I'll be reloading and come up behind an enemy or they'll enter a room I'm already in. I'll be behind them but stuck in my reload animation. I try to stay directly behind them in melee range for several seconds as the reload animation completes, mirroring their movements and estimating which direction they'll turn so they don't see me. Rarely works out for me, but a very humorous situation.

Upvote 0
My funniest moment was on the Red October Factory map. Playing Russians, we started the round and I ran to the left - spotted the German tank coming forward opposite me and dove for cover. Tank didn't seem to notice, having stopped a bit behind of the factory. Well, I'm just a plain rifleman, so I crawled and crawled and eventually found myself even with the tank. Not wanting to get taken out by the tank, I stood up and ran around behind it. While doing so, I see a new spawn of Germans leaving their spawn, all looking straight ahead at the factory.

Now the funny bit... I just sort of joined the Germans and ran along with them back into the factory! Not a single one looked at me and thought, "Hey, that's a Russian!" I followed this one group of three Germans back into the building at which point and start bayonetting them from behind. Three dead Germans in short order and I'm in the cap zone helping to cap!

Upvote 0
funniest i did myself:

shot a guy in the stomach and he was jumping up for maybe 2 meters after i hit him

funniest i was involved:

a friend of mine and another russian tried to melee me, i turned around seeing them and fired a shot and both fell down. but i didn't kill them they stabbed each other trying to hit me.

Upvote 0