• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] new civilization \o/

Currently enjoying Civilization V. The graphics are very smooth and the combat seems to actually be balanced. The music is really wonderful to listen to while playing, however I really miss the period-specific music from Civilization IV. Although a subtle feature, it really helped establish each period and increase the atmosphere of the game. In a way I also miss the religions, because while they might have been an annoying feature, I felt that it added to the educational value of the game.

Upvote 0
It's hard to re-invent an almost perfect game series without annoying the fanbase and I think they changed just about enough to make it interesting and different from the previous titles. So I will buy this one FULL PRICE, because I want them to continue making these kind of games.

I only played the demo for a few turns and I actually think that some things were better in Civ IV. I also think they should've fixed the religions rather than removing them altogether. I didn't interact with other cultures that much but from what I read the AI hasn't really improved which is a shame. I hope they improve some of those things in later addons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shepherd
Upvote 0
After demo my first impression wasn't optimistic, but after few hours I changed my mind.

AI is better here than in Civ IV w/ expansions. I was surprised when enemy offered me peace after I took one of his cities and offered gold to stop war. Whats more, AI actually can now perform nice attacks and lead war. If do you think AI ain't good, try higher difficulty level.

Also state cities are interesting part of the game.

/me need more time to dig in deeper into game :)

Upvote 0
The AI seems irrational now. They'll be your friend for a while, but then randomly they'll insult you about your army or something...and then you see that you and them are hostile. What??

For instance one game I have three other civs with me on a continent and on another, nearby continent there is another, Egypt. Me and him were cool for the longest time. We had a research agreement, trade and a pact of cooperation and even a pact of secrecy against another civ. And then randomly he starts insulting me. And now I can't trade with him again because he demands more from me than he'll give to me. It makes ZERO sense. There is no reason we should be hostile.

Washington is annoying, too. "GO AHEAD.....GO AHEAD...GO AHEAD". They didn't record many lines for the leaders. Every single time Elizabeth asks something from me its ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A TRADE AGREEMENT WITH ENGLAND?!?!

Upvote 0