• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New weapon coming! G11

HOLY SNAPPING ASSHOLES!, great work dude, amazing job on the whole thing!, especially those 20mm rounds and scope, loving those mags and bolts, keep the parts seperated for UVing
YoYo said he'd code the G11, I have the UV'ed model for you to texture, I don't think J.D wants to finish the texture since you didn't want it, so that sucks :(, I'll try to get the unfinnished one off of him
and again, GREAT WORK DUDE!

that's a shame. the texture was very well done. very realistic looking. I simply didn't like the colors and wanted to keep it more realistic.

oh well... i guess we are gonna have to find another texturer...:(

Upvote 0
I don't think J.D wants to finish the texture since you didn't want it, so that sucks

Dont make assumptions, put words in my mouth etc.

oh well... i guess we are gonna have to find another texturer..

I didnt sign on to be anybodys texturer, so this is a good idea.

-- To clear up the confusion, I was told that Hipnox was going to texture it, which is why I uploaded the updated UVs. So I stopped working on my texture.

When I have time, Ill finish and upload the texture to Sorrow. Its basically done except the scope and spec.

Upvote 0

-- To clear up the confusion, I was told that Hipnox was going to texture it, which is why I uploaded the updated UVs. So I stopped working on my texture.

When I have time, Ill finish and upload the texture to Sorrow. Its basically done except the scope and spec.
well I miss enterpreted the firts part okay, secondly, you missinterpreted what I said about the texturer thing, I don't refer to you as My texture as in you do work when I ask, I mean as in your My homie who textured these guns to help out

Upvote 0

oh, my bad. I thought you where Sorrow

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sounds awesome except G11 rounds are very strong from what I remember so I think a little more than the scar, but 45 shots so... idk, realistic or ballanced?
Scar Recoil is a ****, I was hoping less, gave it a nice fire Anim, OH, I started Animating, Idle, 2 fire Anims done, I think half a second cool down so it can get back to Action quicker, RMB is scope, middle click is firemode I belive, Animating that too maybe, all the rest is perfect :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yah, i think the G11 should be stronger than the AK, with a large clip and high fire rate and accuracy, but it should cost 4k like the M99 and it should only have 3 spare clips, like the AA12. So you can do a helluva lotta damage quick and accurately, but then your done, or you can do accurate damage slowly and draw out the clip. IMO. I wish there was a balanced way to make this more effective against FP/Scrakes tho - doesn't one/both have heavy resistance to AR damage?

Upvote 0
maybe we can trade realism for a bit of gameplay

similar to the double shottie, which fires more pellets with the alt fire than with both individual barrels combined, we can make the make the burst fire do more damage per round than normal rounds in full auto, and give it a bigger cooldown.

that way, you can do a sustained, low DPS fire or a concentrated spike of damage with little spread and high accuracy.

or we can give it more damage than the AK, less recoil than the SCAR and make it a specimen mowing monster of a weapon :IS2:

agree on the amount of clips. Its very apropiate, since the gun carries 1 active mag and 2 spare mags besides it.

3 clips @ lvl 6 commando would be 67 rounds per clip, 3 clips = 201 rounds total.

the G11 would allow sharpshooter-like spiking hability while keeping some spraying power for large hordes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So this is the texture I had going with no specular map yet (yes I realize the KF logo is a bit cheesy)

Spoiler!

But I did just get my new Wacom tablet in today, so to break it in, Im going to re-texture it a bit more to photo reference, more of a weathered, worn solid gray without the logo and funky detail, as requested by Hipnox.

Upvote 0
I luv how whenever I say I'll be programming a weapon for sorrow I get a thumbs down, jealousy is not immenent at all.

I think it's more your incessant want for acknowledgement before the project is even finished that annoys people, rather than jealousy.

And it wasn't me before you ask.

Upvote 0