• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic darts which "follow" people and healing while reloading.

Pedopear

Jan 1, 2012
Title. I think this will be useful...
Explanation: If you are a medic and shoot a dart at 1 or 2 meters near a teammate you'll heal him, because the dart will follow him. If there are two or more people it'll heal the most injured...
I had this idea because when you heal people usually they move a lot and you waste lots of darts, sometimes you don't have time to wait that mp7/mp5 charges and the person die. I've searched this on forum but didn't find anything, sorry if it's a repost...

The second one is based on a personal consideration... I think that if you use a gun with GL when you reload you can use the grenade launcher's nade, because the two things don't use the same mag (or I'm wrong?); so the same thing should be feasible also on mp7/mp5...

PS: I know that in game you can't use a gl while you reload, but that was based on a real weapon consideration

Sorry if I've written something wrong but english is not my mother tongue (unfortunately)
Let me know what do you think about these ideas :)

Title. I think this will be useful...
Explanation: If you are a medic and shoot a dart at 1 or 2 meters near a teammate you'll heal him, because the dart will follow him. If there are two or more people it'll heal the most injured...
I had this idea because when you heal people usually they move a lot and you waste lots of darts, sometimes you don't have time to wait that mp7/mp5 charges and the person die. I've searched this on forum but didn't find anything, sorry if it's a repost...

The second one is based on a personal consideration... I think that if you use a gun with GL when you reload you can use the grenade launcher's nade, because the two things don't use the same mag (or I'm wrong?); so the same thing should be feasible also on mp7/mp5...

PS: I know that in game you can't use a gl while you reload, but that was based on a real weapon consideration

Sorry if I've written something wrong but english is not my mother tongue (unfortunately)
Let me know what do you think about these ideas :)

Why don't we just make the players invulnerable? Healing darts require teamwork. Everyone misses that part. I was just on a HoE and I was playing a medic. I setup a few meters from the team and was only healing. When I say "only healing", I mean only healing. Continually firing healing darts at every player. Every player except for one was sitting still, aiming and shooting. One guy couldn't stop moving. He was running forward and backwards and all around. Finally I told him that the only thing he was successfully dodging were my healing darts.

Players have to be smart enough to not dodge hand to hand combat when the specimen in 20 feet away. Player also have to be smart enough to either stand still or run directly at the medic when they need healing.

I'd guess that since reloading takes two hands, it stays uninterruptible. I actually support interruptible reloads with the player actually dropping (losing) the magazine, canister, drum, or ammo load in hand.

Upvote 0
could you please explain what you ment?

Heatseeking medic darts? wuth? -.-

It's not "shoot random darts and they'll follow people", it's more like "darts follow a person if you shoot them close to her (and close doesn't mean 10 meters...)"; btw I have to agree with nutterbutter, unfortunately people don't seem so smart...

So, I think the first one is impossible to do, if you think it'll make game unrealistic, but the second one? I think that nutter's idea is good

Upvote 0
This would remove all the skill from the Medic perk. While it would be easier with heat-seeking darts, it would be akin to the Commando being able to have bullets that would follow enemies: the skill required by an FPS game would be lost.
A Medic needs to be a good teamplayer, but also have aiming skill. Removing the need to aim would take all the fun out of having those skills and make the gameplay boring: there would be no more risk that someone could die (which is why we all play, right?: to feel that adrenaline rush, knowing that death is a distinct possibility?).

Yes, that's true.

That's why I love playing Medic: it takes accuracy, good guessing, good teamwork and full awareness. If all I have to do as a Medic is sit bored in a corner and shoot in a vague direction when someone needs health, then I'd never play the perk again.

As you play more, you'll get better and more accurate. Also, as your perk levels, you'll be able to fire more darts faster and your health recharge for them will go up. Just keep at it.

The fact is that I'm level 5 and I've problem to heal people (when they move too much ofc) also at Normal difficulty, can't guess what'll happen in Hard or Suicidal, and I'm not so unskilled in FPS game, I think I've good aim but I can't know in what direction my teammates move, and I can't talk with them, I can only use chat atm... Do you think that when I'll be able to talk it'll be easier?

Not sure what you mean here. You want the ability to fire healing darts while you're reloading the magazine?

Yes.

This can't be accomplished on any of the existing weapons. Just plan your reloading times properly.

The fact is that if your mag is empty and try to shoot it'll auto reload (if you have other mags ofc) and you won't be able to heal people in that lapse of time...

Upvote 0
First off, don't worry about difficulty. The only difference is that people can lose health faster. Then again, you won't find too many new players in these kinds of games (with a few exceptions of course :D). In some cases, players on Suicidal and up recognize the importance of the Medic and will often try to make your job easier, either by calling for you and standing still, or by running up to you.

Communication does help a lot. You can call for someone to stop moving for one quick second so you can get a dart into them. More often than not, they'll do it. A tactic you might want to practice is what is known as "leading the target". This involves estimating where your teammate will be at a certain moment in time and shooting the dart before they get there. For example, a level 6 Berserker is running across your field of view and has low health. Aim your gun slightly beyond him, estimating where he'll be by the time he gets there. This is a hard technique to master, but once you start getting a sense of the physics of the game, it's quite effective. Try also hitting people with darts without aiming-down-sight. You'll eventually get used to where the dart will go. This, in combination with leading the target, will get you used to healing people who are running all over the place like Commando Chickens with their heads cut off.

Medic sure as heck isn't easy, and add to that, most people are unaware of how important it can be. If they see a Medic in a squad, they just figure "Oh, we're okay now!" and do nothing to aide you in your job, as if your simple presence guarantees them health. If you're having some trouble, try playing higher difficulties. More so here than in other modes, you'll find players who understand the role of the Medic and who will help you do it more effectively.

Thanks for all, I'll do a lot of exercise, and I'll try to follow your tips :)

Upvote 0
Ok I think I get your idea, if you apply a small gravity field to each player that affects the path of the medic dart just enough pull the dart toward the player, then I think that might help with the latency misses. No I don't support a fully following dart, but a slight tug from a players gravity could make it slightly easier on the medic and those fools who think you need to strafe everything at 15+ meters.

Upvote 0
Pedobear: The fact is that I'm level 5 and I've problem to heal people (when they move too much ofc)
The fact that you are lvl 5 medic does not imply that you have enough skill or even used field medic perk at all (my medic has been used like 30 min and is lvl 5 (only my Zerk is higher), i barely healed while being medic though quz no one needed me xD)
Practice makes perfect!

But no autoreload for medic gun sounds like a good idea.

Upvote 0