• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Pariserplatz-pak-v1

Has the AHZ server updated with v2 yet? Loads of people are complaining of the infamous 'zombie' bug, can this be fixed by server admin?

Also playing this map I have come to the conclusion:

With every new feature in RO comes a whole new bunch of retards to ruin it.

I think in all the windows of the buildings covering the Pariser Platz/Unter die Linden you should have some sandbags to allow MGs to set up and cover a larger area, at the moment they have to crouch to set up and can only fire people they can barely see.
pp_windows.png

Upvote 0
Great map only complaint is the ease at which the Russians can access the Panzerfaust spawns. The Germans have limited tanks/AT guns the Russians have good tanks like the Stalin two tank and artillery to counter so I think its a bit much for them to get faust but Great map nontheless!!!!!
:D

Upvote 0
Thank you very much for this, SchutzeSepp!

I think in all the windows of the buildings covering the Pariser Platz/Unter die Linden you should have some sandbags to allow MGs to set up and cover a larger area, at the moment they have to crouch to set up and can only fire people they can barely see.

Also, if possible, can these windows be opened? One can enter rooms on the 2nd floor, but all windows are closed, so you only have the inside of the building available.

ppwindows2vy8.png

Upvote 0
A few things pertaining to gameplay:

All the enterable buildings mean fighting is centred in stairwells and street corners, the streets are very bare... In earlier versions you had more fighting over open ground, which is better in my opinion.

Give the Russians more tanks! I realise now that tanks aren't the key to Russian victory, however, once all the Russian tanks are destroyed, it just becomes a CQC slugfest until the round ends. More tanks will give the anti-tank soldiers (or anyone who picks up one of the many Panzerfausts) and those using the PaK guns, something to do.

So I think you should reduce the amount of enterable buildings, and add more tanks. This will keep fighting a bit more centred around the middle, and thus will make sure the tanks are better supported by the infantry. Plus, hunting the Russian tanks is one of the best things about Berlin maps!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was just playing, with around 20-40 players and I must say there are way too few Russian tanks... Like I said, they've got to contend with PaK guns, PaKwagens, Panzerfausts and Panthers... Russians only get what, 12 tanks over all? Only 6 until they capture the Gate and then another 6 to try and win the map with... It's quite unfair. I think the number of tank respawns should increase substantially.

Then the tankcrews must suck hard...

Regarding the lack of tanks on the Russian side, I would have to agree. We had a full server tonight and we just ran out of tanks both rounds. I agree that they must have "sucked hard" but, thats what happens on a public server. I think that if it were a clan who could work together as a team it would be ok but when you have people who couldnt tank their way out of a wet paper bag, your left with nothing.

Why do people who are new always take critical roles????? Never the less...

Also, I think it has been mentioned but when the spawn moves up after the 3rd cap, dont know the exact area, on the Russian side, the Russians just get mowed down in spawn.

The map is awesome and I enjoy it alot but I dont see alot of play time after tonights experience. The lack of supporing armor killed the morale.

Upvote 0
the lack of armor is an error on my side, i set the reinforcements to 0 for the tanks that were supposed to spawn after the gate was capped, thinking that it would make them spawn infinately like with soldier roles. but i was wrong and now they dont spawn at all.
but everytime i have played (depending on the tanker skill) the soviets were able to keep at least 1 tank up to the last minutes. heck i survived with only losing my IS2 twice in 35 minutes.
i will fix this nonetheless, and maybe hang a sign at the russian spawn telling the players that the tanks are limited in numbers and that they must be carefull.
so many times i have seen the soviets running out of tanks afte only 10 minutes, and then going "where are the tanks??" those tankers can have 200 tanks, and still they wont help the team one bit.

Upvote 0
Instead of focussing on a seemingly lack of tanks you could also focus on design.
IMO this kind of map is an ideal place for organized infantry warfare.
Change the cover possibilities and even less tanks are necessary.

Intensive streetfights are my personal favourite ;)
You will notice that all players will use the buildings after a few weeks, because they are your only way of protection. Add more cover to the streets and fighting will be erupting there again.

Choices, choices, choices :D

Monk.

Upvote 0