• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] weapon wont fire on first moose click

Here's reproduction steps:
Join any map/mode with infantry units
Pick any weapon/infantry class (confirmed with bolt-action (kar-98) and semi automatic weapons (ppsh and mp-40)
After you spawn sprint for a while
Stop and immediately raise your sights with right mouse button and pull the trigger

Expected results:
After stopping from sprint and raising his sights player should be able to fire his weapon instantly

Actual results:
Player is unable to fire his weapon after transition from sprint to full stop/normal movement speed. His weapon won't fire after the first pull of the trigger. He has to pull the trigger again for it to fire.

Note:
Entire reproduction needs to be performed swiftly, as bug often occurs while transitioning from sprint to cqb. It also seems as the game is trying to mimic the action of putting your finger on the trigger, as the sprint animation actually shows player holding his weapon in a different way compared to regular shooting. If the action of positioning your finger on the trigger is not done by design this is actual bug that needs to be fixed and is described here.

System specs:
Intel E5200
Radeon 4850 1GB
2GB RAM
Realtek HD Audio Onboard Sound
Windows 7 32Bit Professional

Upvote 0
ALSO there some kind of bug with the mags
hit the reload key and if you move , the mag will not change
but you do see the reload anim
so be careful when reloading

I haven't had this before but this patch it's happening all the time now.

Conditions:
1. Reload is set to manual in game options.
2. On Spartanovka, playing Axis.
3. Use Kar98k.
4. Go prone.
5. Your clip is empty and will not fire without reloading.
6. You usually use the 'R' key to reload.
7. The game is reloading your weapon automatically since you keep pulling the trigger: one 'click' sound for empty, next pull of trigger begins reload process.
8. You begin reload process as normal. Reload animation begins, reload sound is playing.
9. You take fire and crawl to avoid fire, which interrupts the reload process.
10. Reload animation stops. Reload sound stops. Weapon still empty.
11. Once safe you again reload by pressing R or pulling trigger.
12. ERROR: Weapon reload animation does not display, reload sound does not play.
13. You wait until until you see "New magazine is full" or similar message to know you're loaded.
14. You crawl a bit or run and relocate again since you are still under fire or looking for a target.
15. You find cover, prone or crouching, either way.
16. You take aim and pull the trigger.
17. ERROR: Weapon is still empty and reload cycle begins again automatically.
18. You are shot because you were fumbling with your weapon under fire and could not physically put bullets into it even though you spent 30 seconds trying.
19. You hear screaming.

BTW ping was between 80-180, 64 player full server, yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: K@n@y
Upvote 0
BTW ping was between 80-180, 64 player full server, yesterday.

I had similiar problems with latest beta build last night, using an SVT, AVT and PPSH on Barracks, Commissars house and Pavlovs house. I would press reload and nothing would happen, several presses later it would just suddenly report the mag was full with no animation for loading or checking the mag.

Press fire, nothing, press again bang, multiple times. Probably 2 to 3 times a round, and in the released version I think I have had it once since release :(

Win 7 x64 SP1
Asus P6TSE
i7965XE ES @ 3.6
GTX 470 @ 750Mhz
6Gb Tri Channel Corsair
Sata 6 SSD +U3S6
Realtek ALC1200

Ping around 140 -200 ( US beta server )

I had no sound issues but the stats are recording multiple hits where it should be only one and in some cases not recording at all. Also I got a flurry of Acheivements for doing nothing, which, after checking this morning, have now disappeared :confused:

Upvote 0