• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will there ever be a way to remove mp40/II or bayonet?

tripwire never plans to add detatchable bayonets or be able to change the load out of your weapon?! WHY?! It cant be that hard!

Beats the f*** out of me. trolling us i suppose

had they spent at least an extra day adding in a Historically Authentic/Realism Mode for the servers, they would have silenced 80% of all the issues on this board

Upvote 0
Am I the only one that thinks this is a big deal? It makes me wish I never leveled up, I really don't want the bayonet. Especially the prototype mp40/II that EVERYONE will be running around with once people unlock it. I guess I will just have to forget about this game until those Darkest Hour guys release their mod.

Reactions: dsi1
Upvote 0
Am I the only one that thinks this is a big deal? It makes me wish I never leveled up, I really don't want the bayonet. Especially the prototype mp40/II that EVERYONE will be running around with once people unlock it. I guess I will just have to forget about this game until those Darkest Hour guys release their mod.

At least RO2 can be saved by mods, this is exactly why I'm staying away from AAA games that don't allow mods. (It isn't like the AAA devs screw up less than smaller devs)

Upvote 0

too bad they wont haha they are making their own game company so i doubt we will see anything from them for a long time

Upvote 0
This is currently my only problem with this game, beyond being a realism issue, (most veterans did not use there bayonet, but there shovel as a melee) is seems to have absolutely no point. I stabbed someone earlier today and it took two stabs yet someone else one shotted me with the butt of his gun. There seems to be no difference in melee combat as to whether you have it or not, maybe i'm just missing something but i dont think so.

Upvote 0
I frankly find a lot of the complaints on this forum lately to be just plain whining, and some of it is just pretty pathetic.

HOWEVER, this complaint is one that seems right on to me. I haven't unlocked most of the scopes yet, but if it's true that you don't get a choice of having it on or not, that is definitely an issue. With most of these weapons a scope is actually going to hurt you in 90% of the encounters you currently have in game. (Due to limiting your SA, making it harder to lead a target, bigger "change" in view between having the gun up or not, etc.) Beyond the realism problem, playing on some maps with all your guns having a scope would just be a nightmare. And yes I know about key 6 but that dosen't really solve the issue.

In the past they've been quite receptive to fan thoughts, I have a hard time believing they wouldn't change this eventually.

(on a side note though, the bayonet is definitely more lethal than rifle butting - it has longer reach and while the rifle butt frequently kills in one hit, the bayonet virtually always does)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is currently my only problem with this game, beyond being a realism issue, (most veterans did not use there bayonet, but there shovel as a melee) is seems to have absolutely no point. I stabbed someone earlier today and it took two stabs yet someone else one shotted me with the butt of his gun. There seems to be no difference in melee combat as to whether you have it or not, maybe i'm just missing something but i dont think so.

actually you are you have to hold it down the longer you hold it the more damage you do. if you just tap it you dont do much damage.

Upvote 0
actually you are you have to hold it down the longer you hold it the more damage you do. if you just tap it you dont do much damage.

did not know this, but even still, i get one stab kills by tapping, its just sometimes i dont, there didnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Will try holding in my next match, but i still want the thing gone for authenticity reasons.

Upvote 0