• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Has anyone benfited from the AVT-40?

Has anyone benfited from the AVT-40?

• Help

Votes: 78 60.5%
  • Hurt

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters
You are a brain dead moron if you said it hurt you.

It is exactly the same as the SVT except with full auto CAPABILITY.

It is a DIRECT upgrade.

Me ... UGH! ... bwane ded den mkay? Real direct upgrade when 2 quick bursts leave you out of ammo and exposed to being killed by a 6 year old with a capgun while you laboriously reload it with stripper clips. It's an SVT when switched to semi-auto, and I've generally learned to use it that way.

The Mkb42 has 3 times as many rounds, in a single, fast-switching clip, and with a bit of practice can be fired in single shots, short or full bursts without bothering to switch modes. Less recoil, too. It's suicide to storm a building full of Mkb42 (or even MP40, for that matter) campers with an equal number of AVT-wielders unless they all get lucky, get the drop at the Germans, and kill them without having to reload.

Upvote 0
I think they nailed its realism:

AVT-40 rifle - YouTube

yeah he doesn't have the best stance, but that's still a lot of kick

Actually upon further study, if you watch the rifle, there isn't that much kick at all. He does jump backwards and tip over like an idiot, but forget that and just look at the rifle.

It looks like it kicks to the right more than anything.

Upvote 0
You are a brain dead moron if you said it hurt you.

It is exactly the same as the SVT except with full auto CAPABILITY.

It is a DIRECT upgrade.
This^^

Plus it's more accurate at distance than the Mkb42
It also does more damage and penetration.

Both have there pros and cons and crybabies who can't handle more recoil act like they can't adapt to those.

Upvote 0
Well the Russki's did order their soldiers to only fire it on semi-auto because it was un-controllable. Supposedly.

I have never fired a AVT but i have fired a SVT-40 and that thing kicks harder than any other 7.~~ equivelent rifle i have ever fired. Don't know why!

All of these don't take away from the fact that it wasn't even being manufactured by Stalingrad.

Upvote 0
Actually upon further study, if you watch the rifle, there isn't that much kick at all. He does jump backwards and tip over like an idiot, but forget that and just look at the rifle.

It looks like it kicks to the right more than anything.

Just had to pop in and say I like your sig picture :D

Go Mario..... Fight for Mother Toadstool!!

Upvote 0
I think they nailed its realism:

yeah he doesn't have the best stance, but that's still a lot of kick

Yup it's alot of kick, but do you see the muzzle rocketing skyward at any point? Nope.

I don't like to moan but to me it seems that the russians have some really tough biases working against them. The germans have the laser mp40 and now the mkb42, while the russians have the nerfed papasha and the avt40 " reach for the sky " edition.

Strikes me as being a little off for gameplays sake tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Graphic
Upvote 0