• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design When is the SDK coming?

what about spartavonka? Id be using a terrain maybe 2/3 of Gumrak but with the amount of meshes in sparta? Im assuming 8 gbs will be fine for building it on preview mode.

Spartanovka on Preview.

spartanovkabuildmemoryu.jpg

If you're looking from a rough estimate, take 2/3s of the Gumrak memory requirement used by UnrealLightmass.exe and add it to the Spartanovka memory requirement.

Upvote 0
Is there any chance of us getting the SDK this week? I know you guys are kind of busy with fixing bugs and such for RO2 but it would be nice to know if we can expect it this week or will we be waiting awhile due to the above of fixing bugs.

Thanks and an answer would be appreciated, it would be nice to know instead of opening Steam every day and hoping to god it's there :p though it's fine if it's going to take awhile due to bug fixing as that is your priority above getting the SDK released I would assume.

Upvote 0
The current plan is to get the SDK out within the next couple of days. It will require 64-bit windows.

Ok seriously this ain't funny no more!!!! was your statement suppose to be some kinda of "April Fool Joke" in September? Here we are 8 days later and still noting!! Thats BS if you ask me!! And thats fine, you/TWI can keep on ignoring me/us. I'll keep this in mind next time " I " buy TWI title.:rolleyes:

btw...Here don't bother explaining, I'll fix your post for you!

The current plan is to get the SDK out within the next couple of months. It will require 64-bit windows.

y'all have good night!! and goodluck in future.

Reactions: Luckless
Upvote 0
Ok seriously this ain't funny no more!!!! was your statement suppose to be some kinda of "April Fool Joke" in September? Here we are 8 days later and still noting!! Thats BS if you ask me!! And thats fine, you/TWI can keep on ignoring me/us. I'll keep this in mind next time " I " buy TWI title.:rolleyes:

I hope your just joking and not acting like a complete dumbass for no reason other then thinking of your self.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I came here to complain politely.. but now I really don't feel like it because I feel I'd be aligning myself in some way to wolverine's obnoxious post. :(

Well, whatever. To be honest it'd be nice if performance issues took a back seat to the SDK. Irregardless of optimization issues, some lower detail custom maps would indefintely improve on performance issues when played. If we get some "visually "cleaner" custom maps out, people can play those if they choose to do so while the performance issues are ironed out over the next few weeks or months.

Optimization and bugfixes could take months.. the SDK on the other hand could (evidently) be released in beta form within a few days if the time was put in. Then you'd have it, then you'd have custom maps and RO2 would be a greatly improved experience overall.

I guess what Im saying is, all the issues that RO2 has could take an eternity to fix... the sdk on the other hand could take a few days to release; may as well just put priority on that get that done now and then go back to the arduous bugfxing.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobsynergy
Upvote 0

Even just a decent map takes a few months to make it's not exactly urgent to get it right this second. If you don't have the patients to wait a few days I cant imagine you will have very much fun with the editor.

Upvote 0

Acting like a child isn't going to make the SDK appear any quicker. You've waited 8 days and now you assume I lied to you and it's actually going to be months? The fact we're providing it AT ALL is only out of goodwill on our part. To my knowledge, we're the first UE3 game since UT3 (5 years ago) to provide a SDK.

Have patience and don't wear mine out.

Upvote 0
Acting like a child isn't going to make the SDK appear any quicker. You've waited 8 days and now you assume I lied to you and it's actually going to be months? The fact we're providing it AT ALL is only out of goodwill on our part. To my knowledge, we're the first UE3 game since UT3 (5 years ago) to provide a SDK.

Have patience and don't wear mine out.

Please keep in mind he planned to had his map done on end of september.
This plan is ruined now. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Upvote 0