• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI, choose the release date carefully...

Fedorov

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2005
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/01/03/the-exciting-list-of-2011s-excitements/

It seems that there are many, many interesting games coming this year. I'm worried because so much competition will most likely take the spotlights away from RO2.

Also, I'm not telling you to rush the release now, people is still dazed with the Steam sales, and many probably don't want to hear anything about games in a while (let alone, paying full price for one).

March and April seem very dangerous, maybe they should release it by the end of February (pretty pleeeeease :D) or delay it till early summer when hopefully people will start looking for new ways to kill their time or will be deeply dissapointed again and buy RO2 just for been pc exclusive.

Upvote 0
There is 2 big bullets that can destroy RO2 sales, Brink being their primary threat based off their current release quarter. If they beat Brink I think they'll do fine. If they push it to may - june, God help them. BF3 is likely going to annihilate the PC sales in Mid May- Early June, which is when the marketing beta / demo is scheduled.

Upvote 0
Good link thanks, I wouldnt think it really matters when RO2 is released since there are no other WW2 FPS announced beside RO2, Q2 so say April?

I haven't even heard of Brink before, and BF3 isn't even on that list :p.

BF3 isnt on the list as no release date yet, not even the year (Spring 2012 is rumored HERE)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually there seems to be never the right time to release a game. As in summer folks are outside and going outdoor stuff like swimming, barbecue, beach, etc. and then in winter there is so many games released as everyone wants to get his shot placed in a good position. Last year could have been too early and yes there were MoH and CoD:BO which dominated the market and maybe still do, I don't know, not playing them.
The problem in my eyes is that people have gone crazy as they heard rumors back in august 2008, now it's only 8 months and it's 3 years that have passed. When I heard of it I started telling friends. Of course they were excited about it too. But now after such a long time and barely some news, yes there were some (shaky) cam videos and screenshots. But the mainstream folk is familiar with other things, that's why many started to say "stop bothering me with this ****, there's nothing going on with it, same screens, same videos". People have lost interest, that's one bad thing. Others that are still holding their ground as a interested gamer will have higher expectations with every month the game's release is postponed. (I do know that there's been barely named a release date but I can't say it in another way.) So will these high expectations be satisfied or will there be many potential buyers that will say after they played the beta/demo, that they have wasted their time waiting for this?
Still it's TWI decision what to do and when to get it out to the public, I'm just sharing thoughts here.

Upvote 0
[...]will there be many potential buyers that will say after they played the beta/demo, that they have wasted their time waiting for this?

BLASPHEMY :IS2:
U should have more faith in TWI.
They will blow off a lot of heads when releasing the beta, then the game, trust me. And don't forget that all the media released already is a tiny part of the communication budget TWI is investing in HOS, apart from the several salons and shows they have shown already up.

Upvote 0
Agreed Miro! TWI has provided us a great game at a great price and then some. They have attrached a community that no other gaming company has. It doesn't matter if other people think it should be releases earlier/later for the most casual gamers to come. The RO Community is loyal to their game and maker. Therfore it is us who will buy the game when it comes out because we love this game, itsw us who will get the first hand look because we want it before some CoD crap and whatever is out there. So for those people who need to wait later before they jump on the train then they will wait and we (RO's loyal community) will play the game and have fun.

Reactions: Amerikaner
Upvote 0
Do agree that BF3 and Brink pose a major threat. Homefront might also pose a threat too since, as someone mentioned here, it seems hating WWII is a fashion now, a wrong one at that.

However some sources are saying Brink will offer, in terms of PC features at least, the same stuff that DICE has been offering, rented servers and nothing else, so Brink may end up being a huge disappointment if the game also fails in gameplay and that will play right into TW's hand, more people desperate and looking for a good FPS and more people who will disregard the game's setting, as people should always do IMO. Never really understood the market fixation with modern warfare when WWII still has so much to give us.

Upvote 0
U should have more faith in TWI.
Not me, them.

They will blow off a lot of heads when releasing the beta, then the game, trust me.

Mine doesn't need blowing, just give me the beta. :)

And don't forget that all the media released already is a tiny part of the communication budget TWI is investing in HOS, apart from the several salons and shows they have shown already up.

I don't know what's going on other there in the US. All I can say about shows for I could visit that there was presence from 1C but not from RO. I still wonder why RO wasn't shown publicly at the GamesCom 2010. I was very sad to be honest.:( Although it was unpleasant I still love Red Orchestra.
I'm a serious fan of RO, I've not only played Ostfront, I'm a mod veteran playing since 3.0. Not such a CoD gamer who will give up on a game because he couldn't testplay it. ;)

... apart from the several salons and shows they have shown already up.

Awesome if Tripwire showed up at other shows but I can't visit those shows in the US, I'm simply lacking time and particularly the money for the transatlantic flights, not to mention hotel costs. :(

Like I said before I do have faith in RO:HoS and yet I just wanted to inform about things and what other potential buyers I've been talking to said. So please guys keep it together and no hard feelings, eh? :)

Upvote 0