• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Idea about SS.

In old version Xbow play the role as the sniper rifle.It's heavy,powerful,but a RoF too quick and penetration made it OP.Now it's totally underpowered.Imagine that 4 headshots are required to take out a FP while you can hardly score more than 2?.....

i think you've missed the point of the nerf, which i believe was to make the FP the concern of the whole team, not just one of them.

You can compensate by providing 2 (accurate) Sharps, or just take the benefit of the single sharp taking a large chunk of FP health before he comes for you, and doing the same for scrakes whilst also buying the team time by stunning them.
Like i said, the sharp is far from useless, the difference is now he doesn't lord it like before - and rightly so.

Upvote 0
not trying to flame your post, but if the point was to have the SS take targets like FP from a distance, they can do that now. Like I said before I can take one in 3 shots and if I have some distance on him hes dead.

Shot 1 will rage
Shot 2 hits during rage and head tilted back
Shot 3 hits while charging and finishs him off. Team takes care of the rest to deal what bleed damage he has remaining.

Seroiously you dont need that many shots. If your not comfortable with that use 2 SS and have one designated as a primary so the other one knows he fires second this way you take them down before they charge

Or get a good SS that can take them down faster

Edit: Oh yea, and make sure you shoot the right spot for his hit box its right below his plate on his nose

Best of luck
:cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M14&Dual Hand Cannons was my favorite thing about SS

M14&Dual Hand Cannons was my favorite thing about SS

The M14 and the Hand Cannons were my favorite weapon set for the SS but since the update the insane recoil on the two weapons made the guns extremely annyoing to use. I don't mind doing less damage and no extra body damage just drop that high recoil. It just feels like I'm forced to use the xbow and rifle now to kill anything. SS has the best variety in diffrent types of guns and I feel like I'm forced to used those two guns to appease the other players. Most players who are not playing SS will tell you: "use the LAR its a good weapon" and its true for about the first 5 rounds. After that the LAR is just a tad to slow and I don't wanna use xbow all the time

Upvote 0
Let's learn to play, before making suggestions and bring here your dirty affected with MW2 and CSS mind.

Game is fun when all classes balanced, you wanna see again servers full of SS noobs? I like how SS require skills to use it. People just lazy to actually realize the usefulness of SS and making such suggestions to boost their favorite class. So they can own all species with insta shots and they are so called "Snipers", which make them feel sooooooo good.

Like, "Hey! Look I am Sniper, I own everything with single shot, I am cool, eh? Teamwork!? LOL."

Let's stop this, get back to game, and realize the way it is supposed to be played. I promise, you'll earn much more fun.

--------------------------------------------------
Snipers - elite long ranged shooters to take down target from very long distance
SharpShooter - whoever who can shoot accurately. Be it a boy with BB gun or soldier with 9mm pistol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wannas and Krausier
Upvote 0
Unless you're firing the crossbow directly at the ground (which is not how you use it) they'll end up so far away that you'll never find them or you'll just forget about them altogether. I think they should scrap the retrievable bolts unless they can make them more visible.

Make it so that the last Zed a bolt kills leaves the body and bolt sticking out to be retrieved, instead of stuck in a wall 200 meters away.

Upvote 0
I see a lot of complaints here but nothing that would actually benefit the OP or give him/her some advice on how to make the suggestions better.

IMO the OP has a very good point. The M14 used to be my fav wep with the Sharpshooter because it had a rather nice RoF, decent DMG (although i had to empty an entire mag into the skull of an FP to kill it). But what I noticed rahter early was a **** poor precision and I started to wonder.. Isn't sharpshooters supposed to hit, considering their weapons are more accurate, and aren't they supposed to have a scope on it?
Yes. Yes they do. A Sharpshooter is exactly what it sounds like. A person who's skills in firearms allow him to use them to their maximum potential.
The M14 denies the Sharpshooter his expertise with long range accurate weaponry as it's accuracy doesnt count for ****. Sure at low ranges it's quite nice to use with the dot, but still guys.. Really.. Do you play the Sharpshooter to stand around shooting of Zeds on 50m ranges?

What I am about to suggest is just this. Add the Aimpoint from the SCAR to it, and give it a 4X zoom, as that is roughly what an actualy sharpshooter, or DM whatever you want to call it, uses.

Cheers

Haineko :IS2:

Upvote 0
Sharpshooter is good as he is now. Adding more weapons just makes him overpowered comparing to other perks. You need to remember that sharpshooter is such as the same team member as others, not the God-like. I think that such ideas comes from new players, who just raised their sharpshooter perk to high level, but other perks remains on level 2-3. So they just simply can't play other perks on higher difficulty (or even have not tried).

There's no need in new weapons for sharpshooter, just need little re-balance (again :p ). Because now seems like sharpies are forced to you xbow + HC combination. LAR is great too, but can't be used with xbow because of weight. M14 sucked always, esp. now. Adding a scope to it maybe will make it better, cause now it can be used only as secondary weapon for LAR. Recoil bonus should be restored for dual HC. Or just fix the ammo issue when dropping one, cause now nothing can be worse than accidentally pick up second HC...

Upvote 0
The SS is near perfect now, lets not change it anymore... AT ALL!!!!

I've finally started getting the hang xbow again, and I have to say, it now takes a tid bit of skill to kill scrakes and fleshpounds. Killing scrakes now hasn't been more satisfying then ever. Helping the team get the fleshpounds health halved is very satisfying.

I played a few games with me and another SS at the xbow, and whenever we coordinated our shots, Scrakes and Fleshpounds didn't stand a chance. Simultaneous shots at a scrake, instant dead, two simultaneous shots at an FP, dead or headless.

Ever since release, I'm most happy with current SS. (no more aiming at the left shoulder :p, and no more insta kill everything)

Upvote 0

I've finally started getting the hang xbow again, and I have to say, it now takes a tid bit of skill to kill scrakes and fleshpounds. Killing scrakes now hasn't been more satisfying then ever. Helping the team get the fleshpounds health halved is very satisfying.

I played a few games with me and another SS at the xbow, and whenever we coordinated our shots, Scrakes and Fleshpounds didn't stand a chance. Simultaneous shots at a scrake, instant dead, two simultaneous shots at an FP, dead or headless.

Ever since release, I'm most happy with current SS. (no more aiming at the left shoulder :p, and no more insta kill everything)

Restore recoil perk on D.HC's and M14 and it will be complete. M14 was a very useful tool for me sometimes I would use it to kill the Patty

Upvote 0
M14 didn't have it's recoil bonus removed. DHCs had their headshot (previously damage) and recoil bonus removed because it allowed Sharpies to clear rooms too easily. In a panic situation or when surrounded a Sharpie used to whip out his DHCs and spam until everything was dead. Goes against the idealism of a Sharpshooter, doesn't it?

In my opinion the Sharpshooter is (balance-wise) considerably better than he was before. The M14 is somewhat worse than the LAR - in my opinion the best fix would be a scope (or at least a fixed and less obtrusive ironsight) and a buff to the headshot multiplier. 2.2-2.5x (up from 2.0x) would allow it to 1-headshot Husks and Sirens on 6-man HoE. Might need some testing to make sure it doesn't fully stun Scrakes though.

Upvote 0

Near perfect,yes. But still NOT perfect!
2 men SS combination? If without leadership who will fire with you simultaneously? M14 is designed for quick sniping,and a scope is needed for quick sniping.
Don't forget its price-$2500.You need no more than $800 for a xbow.Tier 2? The price worths tier 3,and that price should make some benefits.:p

Upvote 0
Near perfect,yes. But still NOT perfect!
2 men SS combination? If without leadership who will fire with you simultaneously? M14 is designed for quick sniping,and a scope is needed for quick sniping.
Don't forget its price-$2500.

well you seem to be objecting because some kind of coordination or teamwork is now required (and hardly much at that) yet a lot of ppl like myself think this can only be a good thing.
before it was just fish in a barrel stuff - particularly as you could pack a team with SS's (as they were so effective against the small stuff too) so even if 1 or 2 sharps couldn't hit a lumbering FP/SC, a 3rd surely would.
And it only costs 749 i believe- i know that's level 6 price but lets face it, any serious Sharp will be getting to level 6 in no time.

Upvote 0
In terms of balance of weapons, the Sharp Shooter is perfect. He has the Lever Action and the Crossbow for long distance and then some backup stuff to help the zeds left by the rest of the team.
It is individual guns that are the problem. The M14 as stated in every thread ever created (slight exaggeration) needs a scope or better iron sights cos the laser is not worth crap.
Handcanons are 50 caliber, the recoil is meant to be high. So really, there is very little wrong with the class, if you work the Sharpshooter effectively into the team, they are devestating and if you have someone with the M14 running out into the open, you effectively have another Commando.

Upvote 0