• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

C96 sight adjustment

Zaqq

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Ukraine
In-game model has adjustable sight, but you can't choose the distance. Real life's C96 sight is adjustable up to 500 or 1000 m (yeah, useless, but at least 100 position would be useful).
westleyrichardssight.jpg

Reactions: Vegard
It would be pretty good fodder for the stupid hot chick at the bar.

"Hey, baby! I just wanna tell you that I killed someone with the C96 in Red Orchestra 2."
-
"Oh, come on, that's so ridiculously easy!"
-
"What I didn't tell you was, that he was a 100m away!"
-
"..."

Exactly.

If you can pull that off, I'll... well I'll be very impressed. ;)

Upvote 0
I've gotten a C96 kill at 90 meters. While it would be cool, the accuracy of pistols in questionable even at 50 meters in-game. Being able to adjust the C96's rear sight wouldn't be much practical use, even if you are set to the right range, the pistol still is very innacurate at than distance.

Again, I think it would be cool, but there are many things TW should focues on instead (at least for now).

Upvote 0
Different varient of the C96. Thats the broomhandle version thats fully auto.

Broomhandle it's a nickname that the americans gave to the gun, probably out of envy because the armerican were still using revolvers when germany adopted the C-96.
Any C-96, except the short barreled Bolo since the grip is different, can have the wooden stock attached, that by the way also worked as a holster.

The C-96 M712 Schnellfeuer (fast firing) is the one that is select fire, and was always used with the stock attached.

Upvote 0
Whenever the map is changed to FF-Barracks(?) I use nothing but the C96 and regularly end up in the top 4 places on the team, and generally get at a minimum 10 kills.

All of the pistols have a very strong accuracy and using the shift zoom from a good position can be used to snipe.

In fact, the pistols effectiveness is much higher at long range then close if you can properly aim with it lol.

Upvote 0