• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quick Knife.

DO want bayonet lugs.

or some f***ng duct tape for f**s sake.

LOL. I could see Tripwire doing the same thing as ID and saying "There's no duct tape in the UK!" Maybe it's in the midst of a big duct tape shortage, cuz taking that little flashlight off of the shotgun/pistol and duct taping it onto another gun (Or even your wrist/shoulder!) makes too much sense for anything else to be true...

Anyone else remember that with Doom 3? Folks were all over ID about why you couldn't just attach the Flashlight to a gun and one of the devs eventually lost it and said "Because there's no duct tape on Mars! End of story!" Hilarious stuff...

Upvote 0
Anyone else remember that with Doom 3? Folks were all over ID about why you couldn't just attach the Flashlight to a gun and one of the devs eventually lost it and said "Because there's no duct tape on Mars! End of story!" Hilarious stuff...

There are some mods that give every weapon a flash light. That was the only reason I could (barely) finish Doom 3.

Upvote 0
Actually they should have a quick switch for all weapons.

I hate scrolling around the inventory... always ending up with wrong weapon if i'm in server with higher ping.

In KFmod you could just mouswheel up for next weapon and mouswheel down for prewious one.
Really sucky how some thing got worse in the game than they were in mod... KF game should have been a upgrade not downgrade.

Upvote 0
I'm not in favor of quick knife as it's been described. More than anything I guess because I'd prefer to see KF not ape CoD. And because, if you take Nazi Zombies as an example, quick knife becomes totally useless once the game actually offers a challenge. It makes sense for CoD MP, where a knife strike is a measure of quick thinking and reactions, and can kill in one strike....but you'd get all of a stab or two into a guy in KF, mid-game, and you'd be dog food.

Doesn't really make sense for the berzerker either, to quick knife when they're already using a melee weapon that does way more damage. So the perk it should directly benefit would gain little from it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not in favor of quick knife as it's been described. More than anything I guess because I'd prefer to see KF not ape CoD. And because, if you take Nazi Zombies as an example, quick knife becomes totally useless once the game actually offers a challenge. It makes sense for CoD MP, where a knife strike is a measure of quick thinking and reactions, and can kill in one strike....but you'd get all of a stab or two into a guy in KF, mid-game, and you'd be dog food.

Doesn't really make sense for the berzerker either, to quick knife when they're already using a melee weapon that does way more damage. So the perk it should directly benefit would gain little from it.

Just a thought guys.

Upvote 0