• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Welcome Screen

For some odd reason our Welcome Screen just stopped working. I finally after some time was able to get the picture displayed again but now none of the text I put into any sections of the Welcome Screen in the WebAdmin will show up no matter what I try or do?

Does anyone know how to set this up properly, what the max picture size should be or proper dimensions and is there a max characters per section?

Also why is the Welcome Screen now blank but all other screens are fine. This is not a graphics setting, it's blank for everyone who joins.

I've even tried with the color settings on that page but nothing is allowing the text to show up now for any field in game but in WebAdmin the text is there.

Last edited:
... also if you can use a web link or need to have the picture in the servers FTP?

I don't think it's an FTP thing since it's using the image URL to pull the image from the hosting site/server. So, if you can dump the image URL in a web browser address bar and pull it up, there's no reason it shouldn't also appear properly in the Welcome page preview through the Web Admin. (Apparently getting it to work in-game is another issue entirely. :) )

I've tried using no text in the Welcome page and I've tried using all sorts of different images (.pngs, .gifs, .jpegs, etc.) in all different sizes and while I can get them all to appear in the Web Admin preview, I can't get the images to show at all in-game.

I'm sure we'll get this figure out soon enough. I'm just glad the server's up and running! :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Upvote 0
Can a dev please look into this.

My welcome screen as shown in the web-admin page:

wsadmin1.jpg

And my welcome when ingame:

ws1.jpg

I also have problems with no other images other than the one provided by the GSP displaying on the welcome screen.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0