• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Manual Bolting..

If you watch an enemy firing at you for instance if hes using Auto bolting you can see him bolt the rifle between shots..good so it gives me a chance to charge him maybe between shots. Now if the player has Manual bolting selected you cant see them bolt between shots and all you see is him fire...break.. fire no bolting what so ever! Are you guys not finding this at all?

Is this a feature?!? :rolleyes:

If you watch an enemy firing at you for instance if hes using Auto bolting you can see him bolt the rifle between shots..good so it gives me a chance to charge him maybe between shots. Now if the player has Manual bolting selected you cant see them bolt between shots and all you see is him fire...break.. fire no bolting what so ever! Are you guys not finding this at all?

Is this a feature?!? :rolleyes:
Report it as a bug in the Bug Forum if you have not already and someone from TW will add it to their bug tracker.

Upvote 0
Having played RO:OST a good deal, I switched straight to manual bolting.

One of the patches deleted and rewrote my config, and so I ended up playing with auto-bolting. Never looked back. I don't find it any slower, and I'm not constantly holding down 'R' to check whether I remembered to ready my weapon or not. I used to like it in RO:OST when you could tell whether the rifle had been bolted or not in ADS mode; although this was a bit 'gamey', I suppose.

Weren't these guys trained to bolt directly after each shot as standard practice anyway?

Upvote 0
Having played RO:OST a good deal, I switched straight to manual bolting.

One of the patches deleted and rewrote my config, and so I ended up playing with auto-bolting. Never looked back. I don't find it any slower, and I'm not constantly holding down 'R' to check whether I remembered to ready my weapon or not. I used to like it in RO:OST when you could tell whether the rifle had been bolted or not in ADS mode; although this was a bit 'gamey', I suppose.

Weren't these guys trained to bolt directly after each shot as standard practice anyway?

I've been using autobolt since RO2 came out. Yesterday I switched to manual bolting. It's much more useful in CQC if you happen to run into someone who's also using a bolt action rifle but with autobolting. You can practically shoot 2 shots while he only shot 1. And it's a bit more immersive to bolt on your own I guess. Autoreloading is stupid as well imo.

Upvote 0
I use auto-bolting only because I forget to rebolt half the time.

Takes 1 or 2 games and you start doing it without even thinking about it.

One of the reasons i got it is so i can reload before bolting to save some time (Kar98 ejects a good bullet when reloading).

But i pretty much either:
Fire, and simultaneously jump behind cover and bolt.
or
Fire, check for hit, bolt.

Upvote 0
I've been using autobolt since RO2 came out. Yesterday I switched to manual bolting. It's much more useful in CQC if you happen to run into someone who's also using a bolt action rifle but with autobolting. You can practically shoot 2 shots while he only shot 1. And it's a bit more immersive to bolt on your own I guess. Autoreloading is stupid as well imo.

Cheers for everyone's advice.

I've switched back to manual, and enjoying it more now.

Upvote 0