• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade price and weight

The grenades are stored in a 'grenade pouch' weapon so even if you are out of grenades you still don't have the weight available since the button in the trader for grenades is effectively an ammo button.

It would be possible to code the grenades to act like pipe bombs, though probably not very balanced since grenades are not very good right now so most people would drop them.

A discount might not be a bad idea, but the big issue is that grenades are so difficult to hit with that they are worth almost nothing, though they can still be useful in groups, chains, with fire or explosive weapon, or as firebug lv3+.

I still maintain that the best solution is allowing the player to cook grenades so that the specimen don't have time to dodge them, but they don't go back to how spam-able they were before the specimen behavior change.

Upvote 0
...I still maintain that the best solution is allowing the player to cook grenades so that the specimen don't have time to dodge them, but they don't go back to how spam-able they were before the specimen behavior change.

And, therein lies the problem regarding grenades. I don't see why zeds will willingly march headlong into an absolute torrent of hot lead, streams of blazing napalm, and the terrible fury of Hattori Hanzo steel without the slightest hesitation, but toss out a grenade and, suddenly, they all get jumpy and concerned about the possibility of injury. This is nonsense. Complete nonsense.

Yes, grenades should be "cookable." You have a chance of getting a proper air-burst that way.

Reactions: Raziel
Upvote 0
This is nonsense. Complete nonsense.
Well, it was kind of broken to toss grenades under mobs for massive damage. Though you can get a full mob to cower in fear of a single grenade in a hallway even if they could easily walk over and kill you. Cooking should be easy enough to code, though cheaper grenades might do the trick too, overall.

Upvote 0
And, therein lies the problem regarding grenades. I don't see why zeds will willingly march headlong into an absolute torrent of hot lead, streams of blazing napalm, and the terrible fury of Hattori Hanzo steel without the slightest hesitation, but toss out a grenade and, suddenly, they all get jumpy and concerned about the possibility of injury. This is nonsense. Complete nonsense.

Yes, grenades should be "cookable." You have a chance of getting a proper air-burst that way.

I do what I call "grenade sniping" especially on maps like westlondon. I use nades a lot as support, so you aim really high and throw the grenade in an arc. Varying the arc determines when the nade explodes. I got pretty good at getting it to go off right above a crowd of enemies. This works well in extending the power of the 9mm, as any weak enemies that didn't die generally did not take more than one pistol headshot to kill.

Upvote 0
Making grenades' weight disappear when you have used them all is a bad idea (balance wise, it's not good at all). Besides, even if your handgrenades COUNT as the 1 slot of weight, doesn't mean it is the grenades that weigh that 1 slot. It would rather be your whole basic starting equipment (9mm, knife, welder, syringe AND grenades).

So, leave the weight as is.

Regarding the price however, i agreed that it could be changed a little. Imo, it could look like this:

* Handgrenade base price reduced to 30

Upvote 0