• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Update Released - September 21

I gave 'em the benefit of the doubt and tried with the new patch. Didn't CTD by 2nd round this time (yay ...), but my fps went from 50's-60's down to 20's-30's!!!

TWI: "But ... but ... I don't understand! It worked on the lab rat!"

So we complain that we think they released the patch without testing it? and now we are complaining that they did test the patch before releasing it?.......HAHA oh wow.

Upvote 0
Oh well 1 week down the line, multiple patches, (some work, some dont) what matters is the continued support for these patches.

Folk really need to take a look at themselves before posting the drival i have just read in this thread.

Lets not turn these forums to the hate filled, negativity of the steam forums shall way.

Stunning game, really enjoying the slower pace of this game and the flow of the game compared to other titles. Its brutal as well :)

Upvote 0
give a promotion to whoever gave this idea

As a heads up, we are continuing to work on the following:
- VOIP
- Stats
- Crashes
- Optimization

what do you want to say with this? seriously, the more i lurk on these forums i think people are being more rude and mean than they should be. These devs are working their hardest to get this game working for the masses and many of you guys just keeps writing so much **** on the forums.

If i where them I would loose interest in this community

Upvote 0
what do you want to say with this? seriously, the more i lurk on these forums i think people are being more rude and mean than they should be. These devs are working their hardest to get this game working for the masses and many of you guys just keeps writing so much **** on the forums.

You mean their CUSTOMERS? You know, the people they sold a DDE with beta to, told them it was "polished" and essentially a paid, prerelease demo, then released the game without fixing scores of known bugs and ignoring performance issues that needed at least a month or two of continued, large scale beta to fix? Yeah, wadda bunch of whiners. TWI should just take their money, ignore them and buy an island in the Carribbean with their loot! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

He just wanted to say, that it was a great idea that they list now on what they are working for the next patch and the person who brought up the idea should get thanks for that.

I don

Upvote 0
I am trying to locate the RO2.exe to add in exceptions list on anti-virus but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've searched all of my Steam folders and even c:users and searched too, it just doesn't exist it appears. Any help please? Much appreciated!!!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\Binaries\Win32

Upvote 0

Yet another September 2011 registered user telling us about Red ORchestra and Tripwire and how we should think about it.

Reactions: Jason_Argo
Upvote 0
Still have performance issues after the latest patch. It's doing nothing but getting worse and worse. GPU usage is even less than before, never cracks over 45% now, and cpu never cracks over 20% except during map load. RAM never goes above 33% ever. Sitting still I get 55-60 fps on ULTRA everything on, but when spawning, ads, spectating, turning corners...ect it drops to 1-2frames per 5-6seconds. I turn the settings down and it gets worse. Going below High/Ultra settings is unplayable 15-20 fps with drops to less than 1fps.

I tried the security software fix, no change. And no, this isn't a 3 year old rig, less than 6 months old.

i7 2600k 3.4ghz
580gtx 1.5gig
8gig RAM @ 1600

Even IL2: Cliffs of Dover runs better on maximum settings, and the English Channel map is exponentially larger than all of the RO2 maps combined...

And now, it seems to be our fault for building such crappy rigs....

Sorry guys you can't have it both ways. Either we cut down detail in the levels and it runs better for a wider range of people, or we leave the detail and then everyone complains about "OMG this game doesn't run as good as every other game I play that just happens to be a console port with low detail." And unfortunately, another symptom of almost all recent shooters being console ports is everyone just cranks there graphics up to Ultra no matter what hardware they have, then come crying to us that the game doesn't run very good on their 3-5 year old hardware. This being due to the fact that games designed to run on 5 year old console hardware usually run awesome on 5 year old machines on the highest settings.

Sorry to be blunt, but sometimes I have to :)

Upvote 0
Hi!

I really like the game .... but I can not play multiplayer:

-AMD 6950 CrossFireX system too much lag and the fps are too low(20-35fps). I can not aim far 20fps outdoors. :-(

-CrossFire does not work

-too much lag on servers

I think you are aware of the mistakes, but I thought that writing down what are the main problems I see if it can help with optimization.

We hope to solve my problem!
Thanks.

(Other hardware: Intel C2Q Q9650@4140Mhz, DDR2 4x1Gb 1150Mhz OCZ Reaper, 2x Sapphire 6950 Dirt3 Edition.)

Upvote 0

Your goose is how loose?

I wasn't being sarcastic, I am genuinely pleased they stated what they're still working in, it negates the "feeling left in the dark" aura.

PS. Any news on that PPSH stutter bug?

Upvote 0
Yet another September 2011 registered user telling us about Red ORchestra and Tripwire and how we should think about it.

Don't be too quick to wave your join date in people's faces. I played RO:Ost and Killing Floor and have been a fan of TWI because of those titles.

That being said, RO2 is a disaster due to bugs and particularly the stats, especially given the beta that provided a better experience.

I never felt the need to create a forum account because I was playing those games without issue.

Upvote 0
Have to agree there Srinidhalaya, Cliffs of Dover is a very heavy and good looking game with more details, processes and objects and bigger size. It still runs better on my rig then Ro2, I will keep calling badly optimized because I believe it really is. And then there's the lag, tons of bugs and inaccuracies which add up to that.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Undesired_Hero

Hard to be nice when the President of TWI blames me for buying a computer that can't handle the game...even though its the fastest hardware on the market doesn't matter...still my fault.

Upvote 0
You mean their CUSTOMERS? You know, the people they sold a DDE with beta to, told them it was "polished" and essentially a paid, prerelease demo, then released the game without fixing scores of known bugs and ignoring performance issues that needed at least a month or two of continued, large scale beta to fix? Yeah, wadda bunch of whiners. TWI should just take their money, ignore them and buy an island in the Carribbean with their loot! :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHA did you just call the beta a prerelease demo? the same beta that had tons of issues and such was a demo? holy **** your retarded.

Have to agree there Srinidhalaya, Cliffs of Dover is a very heavy and good looking game with more details, processes and objects and bigger size. It still runs better on my rig then Ro2, I will keep calling badly optimized because I believe it really is. And then there's the lag, tons of bugs and inaccuracies which add up to that.

HAHAHAHAHA this is even more retarded....Cliffs of Dover had so many problems and performance issues and such on release, even more I would say then Ro2, don't post unless you know what you are talking about. Also Cliffs of Dover only renders a high detail looking water, and high detail looking planes.....the ground and trees and stuff are completely empty and they are low quality as well, they only look high quality from when you are thousands of feet in the air but the ground and trees and such are bad from upclose.

This is like complaining why Tetris runs better then RO2, learn what you are talking about before you post.

Reactions: MorningstarPA
Upvote 0