• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

punish TK's harder

Getting tk'ed in RO:HOS is nothing that bothers me - I don't forgive nor do I apologise as I see tk's as inevitable incidents that can't be avoided, nor should they as IRL friendly fire was a real danger that was and is part of war.

Only the result of winning the map for Germany/Mother Russia matters - your avatars life has no meaning nor value in the greater scheme of things and with that in mind I play and is not bothered by tk's unless they are on purpose by griefers of course.

People shouldn't be apologetic for tk'ing as S*** happens during intense battle and you don't have time to be sorry while shooting your gun at the enemy even if you accidently killed your squad mate(s) in the process - you can cry after the battle assuming you survived that is.
One of the reasons why I no longer apologise for tk's is that it usually will get my current avatar incarnation killed and thus cost 2 reinforcement tickets for no gain instead of just the tk and at least the probability of some gain in the form of enemies killed or objectives taken.

Upvote 0
TK penalty is fine as is. RO2 is not a game like Counter-Strike, where the team appearances are obvious and you almost HAVE to be doing it on purpose to TK someone.

It's easy to TK in RO2, what with no mini-map awareness and no obvious name tags at the ranges many fights are occurring. It's just a part of the game. Report to the server people who are intentionally TKing, and don't worry about anything else.

So what if your killstreak is ended? I bet the real life war vets who got TK'd by accident had the dying thought of "OMFG my K/D ratio was so good...you are such a noob, Pvt Bakerrrrr."

Just keep playing. If you see someone who makes a really stupid mistake when you get TK'd, give them a pleasant suggestion as to how to avoid it. If it was honest mistake, they will be eager to not do it again. TKing someone is embarrassing if you didn't intend to do it.

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
I agree that there need to be a more strict punishment because careless TK's are slowly driving me insane.. Only because usually it's from friendly campers just twitch pulling anything that moves by. Which is usually me in the FRONT LINES! : P

But I also realize the complications with that.. So yea' it's complicated.
But as of now, it doesn't seem many care. I hope within time the totally hopeless players fade off and get removed from decent servers at least.

.. I remember a few matches ONLY dying from FF.
And that being like 10+. Everytime I tried to advance I'd get mowed down. Even with popped smoke INFRONT of us.. GUH. Got to the point I had to laugh and just give up.

/me ends his rage rant

Upvote 0
What should happen is when you TK even by accident your character should fall to the ground crying and saying

"why! im so sorry! i shot my friend, i cant take this any more"

And you cant move for 5 minutes just sobbing in shock.... This would make people alot more careful.

I think this should just happen autmatically once you TK.

It would give a sense of soldiers losing there minds in battle.

As part of it, if you team kill and you end up a blubbering mess you can ask your capatian or squad leader to shot you. If you do, you get your points back and are respawned. It is like the honorable thing to do.

Imagine being russians on advance and you come across a blubbering german soldier in the ruins cause he shot his own guy asking for you to kill him... and just looking at him squirm. That would be a sweet addtion.... and i am almost certain that this probably happened alot in real life i suspect.

Only one except is Captain with Arty....and perhaps hand grenades would be except. But any guns TKing would be instant blubering mess for 5 minutes.

Upvote 0
A lot of this makes me think of the flying games where people complain about noobs flying into THEM, as if there they were stationary or the "noob" should telepathically know they were going to turn left rather than right.

Victim's of a TK can be to blame as much as the shooter or more so in some cases.

When you are in an objective that has no enemy in it and you are killed, that is thoughtless or careless on the part of the TKer, even if it is a lot different than someone purposely murdering you.

Allowing the victim to decide the "punishment" will be misused by vindictive people. It is bad enough when sensible accidents go unforgiven.

But if you are in a forward area, behind enemy lines, you are at risk and no one should be obligated to wait until they are 100% sure the man in the dark building isn't an enemy when he is in an enemy zone.

If you turn and aim at someone until you are sure they are friend and you are on the front line do not be surprised if they reflexively shoot you as a result, because you aimed at them first and they may not want to wait around long enough to ID you.

I died twice last night waiting to figure out if someone was Russian when they were actually German.

Many times someone sees a friendly die in a doorway and they naturally assume the first person they see inside that doorway was the killer.

TKs happen even for those of us err on being killed by enemy rather than possibly TKing a friendly.

It is not always easy to tell who is who, depending on the lighting. People pick up enemy weapons all the time. There are many reasons people TK by accident that are neither due to irresponsibility or being a retard.

I tend to forgive any that were not really lame, obvious carelessness.

Yes stuff happens, but not forgiving 100% of your own team deaths because YOU think shouldn't matter is nothing but selfish and anti-team.

Upvote 0