• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Remove slow death or make it nearly impossible to shoot back.

it's fun how all the people that suggested another bullet may do the work can't even realise that even the enemy has the chance to shoot back another bullet? Guess too much tf2 stole your brain?
By the way just killed two guys from 70m while dying with mp40 (it's possible to go into ironsight mode for that noob not knowin it) so it has its fun sides too.
Ps no surprise since you all from 2011.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it's fun how all the people that suggested another bullet may do the work can't even realise that even the enemy has the chance to shoot back another bullet? Guess too much tf2 stole your brain?
By the way just killed two guys from 70m while dying with mp40 (it's possible to go into ironsight mode for that noob not knowin it) so it has its fun sides too.
Ps no surprise since you all from 2011.

You seem upset.

Plus, several folks that posted have been around long before you. Besides, time on forums has nothing to do with the validity of one's argument.

So yes, stop being so bloody easy to shoot and assuming that just because the enemy has a bullet in him he's not a threat.

Upvote 0
If you get a bullet through your subclavian artery you are dead in about three seconds. In that time you either go into shock or you have some control and could very easily squeeze a trigger.

I think they need to update the blood models a lot. Shots to major arteries and veins produce a spraying effect with a pulse equal to the heart rate. Neck shots are not always lethal.

Upvote 0
very easily squeeze a trigger
Do you think it's possible to snipe people from 80 meters (aligning sights and all that stuff) injured like you said? because in this awesome game you can.
I am upset because people can't discuss an issue normally.
I just find it odd that the kinetic energy you receive when you're hit by a rifle shot from close range just turns your screen black in 5 seconds while you're still able to fight and aim like nothing happened, you may be used to games where you need 10 bullets to kill but still try to think about a realistic enviroment, a bullet in your body does bit more than turning your screen black, dont you find?

I've seen happening things like I aim at a guy 70 meters away he shoots and i go into bleeding to death and shoot him back, killing him. Does this seem realistic to you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you think it's possible to snipe people from 80 meters (aligning sights and all that stuff) injured like you said? because in this awesome game you can.
I am upset because people can't discuss an issue normally.
I just find it odd that the kinetic energy you receive when you're hit by a rifle shot from close range just turns your screen black in 5 seconds while you're still able to fight and aim like nothing happened, you may be used to games where you need 10 bullets to kill but still try to think about a realistic enviroment, a bullet in your body does bit more than turning your screen black, dont you find?

I've seen happening things like I aim at a guy 70 meters away he shoots and i go into bleeding to death and shoot him back. Does this seem realistic to you?

I have never in my entire experience with the beta seen someone in slow death snipe someone from 70 yards. The hyperbole really kneecaps your argument.

At worst I've had someone with an SMG spray the hallway I was in or shoot me with his rifle while we were in the same room. I have never seen anyone pull off a revenge kill if the two people weren't, quite literally, standing 10 feet from each other.

Upvote 0
Still you didn't answer the question, is it realistic to you not having the slightest disadvantage but a screen turning black from the moment you're hit?
edit: if you want we can meet i give you a pistol and i take one, i shoot you in a non vital part and then see if you can shoot me back, i bet you would probably drop your weapon instantly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was playing Countdown on Grain Elevator and we were at the first objective, defending as Russians. And my squad leader pokes his head out a door, gets shot, and starts spraying machine gun fire blindly back at his target as he bleeds out. He tilts and turns to me and hoses me down with his PPSh, killing me.

It was ****ing bull, but I had to laugh, because it was funny and in the end was probably realistic.

Upvote 0
For me the most annoying part of the damage model is how inconsistent it is. I've even had people survive two round of K98 at close range, just for them to keep running and go bandage around the corner like nothing happened.

I'm personally not a big fan of this bleeding mechanic. You can't just band-aid a bullet wound and keep running. If I hit you hard enough, you should be sent to the scoreboard just like in all the other games.

Upvote 0
That does kind of tick me off. Sometimes I get shot, the bandage message shows, I try to move 5 feet to get into cover.....and by the time I'm there I can't bandage anymore. Literally 1 to 2 seconds after being shot.

Meanwhile, another time I'll square off with someone at 10 feet, shoot him, get shot, and he'll run around for a few seconds before bandaging. Half the time I get shot while killing someone, I'm screwed, even if I try to bandage immediately.

Upvote 0
Still you didn't answer the question, is it realistic to you not having the slightest disadvantage but a screen turning black from the moment you're hit?
edit: if you want we can meet i give you a pistol and i take one, i shoot you in a non vital part and then see if you can shoot me back, i bet you would probably drop your weapon instantly.

I find it odd that you haven't noticed how your controls are extremely desensitized after entering "slow death". Next time you're bleeding out, try and turn 180 degrees around. You'll find it takes several strong pulls of the mouse. The blurriness, the decreased control, the limited, slow movement, the inability to crouch, use cover, or go prone... these are more than slight disadvantages.

Count also how many times you put an enemy into slow death mode at medium/long range with your first shot, then line up and finish him off as he staggers around, already dying.

There's nothing wrong with slow death as implemented.

Upvote 0

Yes, it is very realistic not to have the slightest disadvantage. Good thing there is a mountain of disadvantages that come with slow death, including but not limited to the inability to move, a strong slowing of your mouse response, the heavy saturation making it hard to see, and the increased sway.

And as for the second bit, there's a big difference between two bellends standing around shooting each other with pistols and a soldier, hopped up on adrenaline, taking a bullet and, knowing he's going to die, trying to put a few rounds into the enemy to protect his buddies. The human body is capable of incredible things in extreme circumstances. If you just shot me for no reason, yeah, I'd probably drop like a stone. If you broke into my house and shot me while I was defending my family, you can bet your bottom dollar that I wouldn't go down until you made it physically impossible for me to keep going or you were dead.

Upvote 0
Slow death is simply lame, you're able to shoot back with basically no penalties but the screen going black in 3-5 seconds. Please think about this stupid feature devs added and either remove it or make it like 300% more sway and recoil, blur effect etc., so that it's still possible to shoot back but you have like 1/10 chance to hit.
Now it's just seems that getting that last frag and scoreboard kills farming is the way everybody plays, I see people that dont event try to bandage and go in for the last kill even if it means their death (or slow death). Also I don't like that kills are shown on the leaderboard, old RO way was better.
Discuss...

After hundreds of these moments I've only had one kill while dying. I've been killed by someone bleeding out twice maybe.

I think you're over-exaggerating.

Upvote 0
I had slow death happen to me and my enemy. In slow death you cannot move or aim in the sight so it's really hard to take a good shot.

The other day on Spartanovka I shot a guy into slow death in the last house and he was crouched behind a desk when that happen. We could both see each other since we wear both covered behind the desk, I looked him in the eye while he tried to shoot his ppsh at me while he was dying. It was really satisfying.

Upvote 0