• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When the game drops, multiplayer or campaign?

isn't the campaign just bot matches?

Um... aren't all single player game modes just bot matches? :rolleyes:

Anywho, I'll be probably jumping into SP for a while.... mostly to make sure I have my video settings optimized, as well as to have a decent enough time to run around and get used to each map & where everything is/isn't.

Usually once I play through the SP of a game, I jump back into Multiplayer.

That and there's a training mode in SP, which could teach me a few things I'm not aware of yet.... who knows?

+1 This

TBH i don't know why Dev's even bother with "SP". IMO they can use that time on "MP". I've "NEVER EVER" bought a "SP" game, waste of money if you ask me! :IS2:

I always wanted a decent single player mode in RO since the mod.... and there are others who want it as well.

The thing is, having a single player mode is actually a good thing.

There have been a number of people I tried to get into RO:Ost, told them that it's an awsome MP game, but every single one of them automatically jumped to the single player, played it for a few minutes and then said they didn't like it, it was too robotic, the animations weren't very good, and the gameplay just wasn't there.

Of course it was all crap.... Tripwire never focused much attention to the SP in either the mod or Ostfront, which is why I pushed for them to play MP first.

Many people will judge the overall game based on the Single Player.... if it is crap, then most will assume the rest of the game is crap.

But Trip said they put a crap load of work in the bots this time around and added a decent SP campaign to give you a challenge.... and on their higher difficulty settings, they can be pretty brutal.... which is good enough for me.

It's about first impressions, and while a lot of people just ignore SP games and jump right into MP as soon as it's installed on their system.... many others judge the game based on its SP campaign.

Also, due to not always having an internet connection available, or bandwidth limits are reached, at least you can still play it offline and keep entertained.

In RO1 and the Mod, you could do that for a round or two, and then you got bored since half the maps the bots didn't know wtf they were doing, and the other half of the maps they just capped and capped and capped to the point you couldn't enjoy the game.

I think it's a good thing they included SP and made it better..... for many reasons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
for people who keep saying "aren't all games just single player bots" no they aren't. There is a difference between a single player game and a multiplayer one, this is obviously a multiplayer game with some bot driven campaign thing thrown on top of it.

There is a difference between intelligent AI and lame bot AI.

For that wolverine guy who's never touched a single player game, I feel bad for you. Never played Portal or Portal 2.. wow, people play SP games for AMAZING story's etc, not to shoot AI... You really have missed some legendary games like that other guy said. Being online ALL the time is soo awesome.... little kids cussing at you left and right etc.

Don't get me wrong, MP games are amazing and so is being on vent etc to coordinate but some of the best stories I've been witness too since being born in 84 has been some single player games. But to each their own I guess.

Upvote 0
I do want to see how the order system works in SP. Also, I'm intrigued as to whether the enemy will just be bot algorithms, or how much scripting there'll be going on as well.

Hopefully there'll be some MP servers fleshing out their ranks with bots and balancing up with them. The system by which you take control of the bot closest to the front line when you die seems pretty cool.

Upvote 0