• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Show us some bolt-action! =)

That's just it though Grobut, RO2 can't be RO. RO2 needs to be better. In order for that to happen, they need to remove the ridiculous crap, luckily they are from what I've talked to them about.

Your examples are ridiculous btw. I'm not here saying Tripwire should give you powerups and rocket jumping. I'm talking about a very basic and necessary function of any game. Balance. I'm talking about rate of fire, accuracy and effective range. I've been a shooter my whole life. No one in their right mind is going to rage because an mp40 is only shooting at 450 rounds a min. But if it's what makes the gun feel right in respect to the other weapons. It needs to happen.

TWI has stated that the weapons will be as close as possible to real life and that this implementation tends to bring with it its own kind of ballance as it did in RO OST. I personally liked that ballance as I very rarely thought How the hell that guy should have been dead!".

This means that no weapon will have its magazine cut in half because its "too powerful' ( ALA BC2V ppsh with 30 rnd drum mag ). And weapons will not have their damage cut due to higher ROF, when weapons of the same caliber that fire slower get 2x the damage magically. (ALA bc2 m14 vs mg3). This provides a very satisfying ballance that has a bad habbit of destroying players who dont use their heads and think and adapt to the situation.

Upvote 0
No one asked to make the game a COD clone, but anything said that doesn't agree with the little clique here gets called that. And because I'm a lifelong shooter and gun nut means I like to play video games that play like crap? Interesting logic.

There is a huge difference between trolling and having a different stance, and a valid stance on something.

I want to see RO2 be a great game, and I want it to be a success. RO2 isn't a sim shooter, sorry to burst your bubble.

I'm well aware of how to play a classed based game, and I've competed at the highest level in just about all of them. There is a huge difference between having a class based system, and having one class that is so strong that everyone leaves the server if the slots are full.

Upvote 0
I'm well aware of how to play a classed based game, and I've competed at the highest level in just about all of them. There is a huge difference between having a class based system, and having one class that is so strong that everyone leaves the server if the slots are full.

Have you ever played RO? I have played it since the mod days and this has NEVER happened. You are worried about a hypothetical scenario that simply doesn't occur in reality.

Reactions: BoeLynx
Upvote 0
No one asked to make the game a COD clone, but anything said that doesn't agree with the little clique here gets called that. And because I'm a lifelong shooter and gun nut means I like to play video games that play like crap? Interesting logic.

There is a huge difference between trolling and having a different stance, and a valid stance on something.

I want to see RO2 be a great game, and I want it to be a success. RO2 isn't a sim shooter, sorry to burst your bubble.

Where are you seeing any class that causes people to leave a server when it's filled? Have you even tried RO:OST? I don't understand why you seem to think that it works completely fit and functionally in the first game, but just because they changed part of the title to Heroes of Stalingrad everything is going to fall to pieces. Most servers I join have people filling the Rifle class with the most points end game, and the classes with the lowest capacity (Sniper, Heavy Machinegun, etc.) are usually in the middle and lower ranks.

Upvote 0
Pretty much. I almost always pass up every open class for Schutze or Strelok, and I do pretty damn well without being dominated by any particular enemy class. But by your logic... I shouldn't. Hmm, Hausfeld (and everyone else who likes bolting); freaks of video-game-balancing nature.

Last edited:
Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0

You keep telling us such things, Ro2 won't be this and that, and you say it with such confidence too, but the funny thing is.. Tripwire Interactive, you know, the guys who are actually making this game and thus are the formost experts on the subject, have this funny tendancy to say the exact opposite of what you're saying, and what's even more peculiar, is that the videos we have seen of the game, all suggest the game is exactly what TWI is saying it is, and not what you insist it is.

Hmm, who should i belive.. Tripwire and my own two eyes, or some random guy from the internets.. man, that's a tough one! :troll:

Show me this RO class who is so strong and

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You keep telling us such things, Ro2 won't be this and that, and you say it with such confidence too, but the funny thing is.. Tripwire Interactive, you know, the guys who are actually making this game and thus are the formost experts on the subject, have this funny tendancy to say the exact opposite of what you're saying, and what's even more peculiar, is that the videos we have seen of the game, all suggest the game is exactly what TWI is saying it is, and not what you insist it is.

Hmm, who should i belive.. Tripwire and my own two eyes, or some random guy from the internets.. man, that's a tough one! :troll:

Show me this RO class who is so strong and

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Doesnt seem like anyone at all here at the forums agree with you Knighted. Surely there has to be more kinds of people here than "the little forum clique" you speak of.

I know I disagree with many people I think you consider as a part of "the little forum clique" on many points, and that has to indicate that you really have no clue about the situation.

No clue.

Either that or your trolling is just too obvious and not fun anymore for anyone :p. So shoo, shoo.

Shoo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can't we try and get along a little better, Everyone has their opinion whether its's right or wrong.

From what I have read Knighted seems to have good intentions even if he doesn't go about it in the best way.

Trying to corner the dude is only making things snowball, I mean the game isn't even out yet so all of this talk is speculation, so we are all guilty of that, lets all group hug and let bygones be bygones.

Reactions: doomis and Knighted
Upvote 0