• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should TWI be worried

TWI shouldn't be worried because of this but they should be definitely worried because of their lack of respect for the buyers. I just tried to make a list of the all things that they promised and failed to deliver. The list is long and I'm just getting madder and madder. That's a bad business and bad PR. I don't think I'll ever buy anything that has TWI signature on it. Not even a poison If I ever decide to kill myself. :)
I know.
First they release a game and then they try to fix its bugs.
How disrespectful can you be.:mad:

Upvote 0
Tripwire should be afraid...very afraid...they already have my money but I will DEFINITELY take my *** over to Iron Front if its any good at all...

Arma2 engine has been dying for WW2 action...check out Invasion'44 mod for Arma2...good, but slightly buggy and very scripted

On another note, TWI already dropped the ball...the game was released buggy and as a consequence the reviews will be horrendous for RO2...this will drive away the rest of the potential buyers, and we suckers who already bought RO2 will move on to BF3 or Sykrim or (god-forbid) MW3...

Yeah because BF3, Skyrim and MW3 arent made and released by MASSIVELY larger companies with a huge workforce and gigantic economic power and will surely not have ANY bugs at release. That would be silly...

Upvote 0
I highly doubt the authenticity of this post.

I make part of the regular session of United Operations. I can vouch for him.

Also, COOP are usually more laggy than TvT, due the amount of AI scripting and the enhanced ACE2 AI.

This is a everyday coop. As you can(not) see, there are no visibly lags, bugs or shuttering.
UnitedOperations.net Arma 2 "Fallujah Firefight" HD - YouTube

But, we already have someone developing a module that will fix that.
http://forums.unitedoperations.net/...questing-weekend-peak-hour-falice-test-event/

Upvote 0
As a single player game Operation Arrowhead as far as FPS went was streets ahead of ARMA2.

As for online...I rarely played it mainly because it was modern warfare and it really isn't my cup of tea.

As I said in my OP it's an IF Iron front was to succeedin what it's promising and plays well, I feel RO2 is in trouble. Just look at the trailer. Seems to have huge scope for those CO maps the older RO crowd are crying out for.

Anyway I have my fingers crossed that either RO2 fullfills it's potential (and I think it has a long way to and needs a fair few big updates with extra content) or Iron front comes good on what it's promising and plays well online.

Either way Iron front is a definate purchase purely for the fact I'm an east front pbsessive and a amatuer Military History nut. My main obseesion being WW1 western front, followed by WW2 Eastern front.

Upvote 0
It is a different type of game. If it can fix all of ArmA 2's issues (and there are many), it won't compete with RO2 very much. RO2 = a game you join to have some quick fun for an hour or so.

This, if like ArmA, is a game you just can't jump in. You need to make a mission, read briefings, loadout your units, and have to set some time aside to play a proper mission. RO2 went even more into the fast paced territory than RO1, and is more comparable to BFBC2 than ArmA 2 (and this game). The only RO2 players this will steal are the ones who really like realism, which I feel are the minority of the RO2 player base.

Reactions: AsoBit
Upvote 0