• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Pack] BallisticWeapons port to KF

forrestmark9

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2011
This is still a pre-beta and have many bugs currently I've ported the XMB-500 minigun, the RX22A Flamethrower and the M290 Shotgun, I have permission to port over these weapons as long as I give all copyrights to Runestorm

Current Bugs:
Ammo on the hud is not the actual ammo of the weapon nor does it increase or decrease

3rd Person models changes animations depending on what weapon you had last

Weapon has not bein adjusted to use the KF Reloading system so reloading doesn't work until you empty the clip

The Hud icons are oversized

Only way to add these weapons to the trader is by using a Custom Trader Mutator or Server Perks V5

Minigun secondary fire doesn't work until you push the reload key

You can't throw grenades with the weapon equipped

You can't buy ammo from the trader and have to sell the weapon and rebuy it

Weapons, Models, Animations, Code, Textures and StaticMeshes

Last edited:
Seems like you still use the original Runestorm code for the weapons, as they have the typical KF compatibility issiues. I already made a BW port for the UK2k4 mode however it had the same bugs and thus got forgotten and lost.
If you actually are able to correct all these bugs then this definitely will be a very fun mod to play.
These weapons sadly don't interact with the KF scripts and thus won't work with KFs hud and so on.

Upvote 0
this is awesome indeed but from what I last heard Runestorm guys didn't want anyone porting their stuff, I was thinking about making My own Ballistic weapons kind of thing for KF but I just don't have enough people who'd be willing to give the time.
Mate if you'd asked, you would of gained quite a few people. Im sure people would be glad to of helpped you out, me for one as i've done my own porting previously.

Upvote 0
converting these weapons isnt that hard. Im almost done with the defence alliance 2 weapons, and everything is working ingame. Didnt take too much time. Just use most of the code TWI has prepared in the KFMod folder and your good to go really.

True but half of the fun of using these weapons is the special functions they have like deployable machine guns and remote cameras. Just shooting wouldn't do them justice. :D

Upvote 0
I hope u adjust damage in those weapons, they were really sucked in KFmod lol

Yes the damage is adjusted and added on to perks

awsome! MOOARR SciFi for our deadspace server!

This was the initial plan to port over some the futuristic weapons of BW and maybe give them to you but I decided to do all of the weapons including the HAMR and Nova Star

Are you planning on porting the mounting/turret feature for machine guns? Also congrats. Last time I asked about porting a weapon I got a no. Looks like you struck gold this time.

Yes I am I've so far got the HAMR working

Seems like you still use the original Runestorm code for the weapons, as they have the typical KF compatibility issiues. I already made a BW port for the UK2k4 mode however it had the same bugs and thus got forgotten and lost.
If you actually are able to correct all these bugs then this definitely will be a very fun mod to play.
These weapons sadly don't interact with the KF scripts and thus won't work with KFs hud and so on.

Yes but I have integrated many of the KF features into the weapons all I have to do is make it use the KF hud and not the BW hud same with reloading

converting these weapons isnt that hard. Im almost done with the defence alliance 2 weapons, and everything is working ingame. Didnt take too much time. Just use most of the code TWI has prepared in the KFMod folder and your good to go really.

Yes it actually wasn't that hard but the hardest part was getting them to appear correctly in-game and the DA2 weapons were easy to convert for me specially the R86 but DA2 was built over Killing Floor

this is awesome indeed but from what I last heard Runestorm guys didn't want anyone porting their stuff, I was thinking about making My own Ballistic weapons kind of thing for KF but I just don't have enough people who'd be willing to give the time.

That have allowed me to port the weapons here is a PM from DarkCarnivour the one who made BW and the code besides ShadowBlade

"Yo

BW was made by ShadowBlade and myself.

Yes, you can port a weapon as long as the original source (RuneStorm and the Ballistic Weapons mod) is properly credited in your documentation and anywhere else that you officially mention the weapon.

What weapon and content are you intending to use?

Good luck

-DC"

Just on a quick note, I think I can quite easily fix up some of those bugs you have. I have a feeling you wouldn't need my help seems you did port them over (im guessing on your own too?). I'll be here if you would like some help anyway

Sure that would help alot

Last edited:
Upvote 0