• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So many things wrong with this game

You do not calculate these things that way. Let say average RO2 player plays 2h a day and average online player amount is under 1000 players, that makes around 10 000 players everyday.

10 000 players every day?
Tell me where you see this HUGE number on Steam Stats Website, please.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I see 1,293 so far :)
But wait till the evening maybe something will change.

Upvote 0

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

t wait till the evening maybe something will change.

That number is only telling you the highest number of players at any one time so far today :) The number to the left is how many players right at the time you look.

Reactions: CaseyHairyback
Upvote 0
Ok so constructive criticism.

I'll just rattle off some issues that annoy me.

1. Why is the MG the best house clearing weapon?
Why can someone stop sprinting, turn on a dime and mow you down with this gun faster than you can get your iron sights up?

The MG is a suppression weapon meant for covering large open area's to stop troop advances, not for being rambo.

2. Gameplay is far too fast.

It's just too quick paced for any real tactical movement, this is relevant in my next point.

3. Tactical gameplay of ANY sort is basically pointless.

It doesn't matter how sneaky you are, how stealthily you approach an objective or otherwise, you'll probably still get killed by someone who's brought up his iron sights before you have a chance to fire.
The game just doesn't favour tactical play, it doesn't matter if you cover a hallway for 30 seconds, someone will just pop round a corner and destroy you with his Mp40 instantly.
Your best bet is just to zerg right in there quick as possible.

4. Can't remove weapon unlocks.

Speaks for itself, this is a total joke and I can only assume it's something left out due to time constraints.

The devs have stated they won't listen to things posted on the forum because supposedly it only represents 0.01% of the gaming community, so I guess these issues are here to stay.

True Words!!! You have my vote mate!!
I hate how accurate hipfired mgs are and how fast you can run and turn arround. They should handle hipfired mgs like in Darkest hour where you can hipfire the mg34, but in a great way it isnt so accurate like in Ro2 you can nearly hit nothing and thats how it should be!!
And we need 100 percent body collision, there isnt only one way to go trough the area, there are many different ways, we need 100 percent body collision like it was in Ro1. We need more weapon sway after long sprints and the accuracy should be only good if the player mantles his weapon or when he is in prone position or crouch!! And pls slow down just a little bit the gamespeed!! Remove the tunk AI and let the tankturrent move with keyboard not with the mouse!! Dont understand me wrong, i like Ro2 but it needs some tweaks and changes to become better than Roost and his mods!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

[url]http://store.steampowered.com/stats/[/URL]

But wait till the evening maybe something will change.
That could be PEAK online players between let say +0 GMT 9pm-10pm.
You are saying that 1,293 are the same people 24h.

You just do not calculate these things with your elementary school maths.

Reactions: Poerisija
Upvote 0
For the machinegun rambos:

What elso should you do with the RO:HOS MGs? If you're lying on the ground and aim, after the first shot the DP-28 shoots anywhere on 20 metres, but not where it's supposed to be. Try the DP-28 in Ro1 and RO1 - it's a horror.

I've shot often enough with the MG42/MG-3, I know what a recoil is and that it isn't easy to aim, but in this game it's impossible to give good fire support.
More over the supression system became less and less since the beta. So the MG placed somewhere to BLOCK a part of the map, as it is in reality and was in RO1 is impossible.

For the game being too fast:

The maps aren't too small (Danzig = Appartments // Danzig=cool map, Appartments?....well...). The characters just move too fast and their stamina doesn't influence their aiming, not even the breathing is as loud and as annoying as it was in RO1. And belive me, if you are really exhausted everyone can hear you, this was also possible in Ostfront.

Upvote 0
That could be PEAK online players between let say +0 GMT 9pm-10pm.
You are saying that 1,293 are the same people 24h.

You just do not calculate these things with your elementary school maths.

I see that you're a born as mathematician.
The point is I never saw more than 1300.

Upvote 0
Obtaining a possible 10% of your player base in any sort of poll is a huge amount of contributing players. Without finding a way to do actual in game polls I doubt you can get any better results. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the total of different players per day would even be in the order of magnitude of 25k people.

But still based on information that we have its in the same order of magnitude as RO1 was just before the release of RO2HOS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No way, they always escape....

It 'really irritating that a member of the DevTeam does not want to comment on issues presented in a constructive way by a customer...

Tripwire should have more courage in expressing their views and accept dialogue with its customers on issues reported and not simply run away.

This will give me the impression of lack of transparency and consideration of its customers ..
Tripwrire should learn from Sigames for example, that teaches how to keep a dialogue open on the most critical issues ....

My advice to Tripwire is is to look at Sigames forums and learn that style of communication.
This is true. The few times TWI gives response to crucial questions and issues they never truly answer the important things.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BuggerMe

...or in other words, how the 'serious' attitude of TWI towards the community turned to be a farce.

Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0

I see only that you have no respect for others :)

You are just giving us PEAK numbers. I see from the graph that on the launch day there could have been 100 000+ different players playing in different time of the day( Peak almost 10 000 players on some certain time of the day).

Now some may wonder where are today rest of the 100 000 players.

Mr. Cynical Brit is explaining quite well why he isn't in to RO2 that much from 2:45--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHNY...xt=C3c21307UDOEgsToPDskLGfgZs9HxoSrFDl3ZEMVknThe Salebox - Daily Steam Deals - December 20, 2011 - YouTube

Upvote 0
Regarding the player numbers. 40-1's server has over 10k unique player IDs in their stat base (I am not affiliated with 40-1, just noticed it the other day and Mord from 40-1 confirmed the 10k were unique player IDs).

You're seeing 1200 players, 600 players, or whatever number of players, but there does seem to be a significantly bigger player base around - the only question is, how intensively do they play? How many hours? I know I've been spending too much time on RO2, for one, but I've been also seeing really big numbers of new players rotating in since Christmas at least.

Upvote 0
i'am waiting for a more relalisticmode, like many of my friends.

-body collision
-more sway while moving your character
-not instant pinpoint accuracy we have now
-switchable weapon updates
- Better wounding system (slow down when you are hit, or hit the ground like it is in DH)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not. It doesn't stand a chance against my ppsh or mp40, heck i'll even be able to raise my sights and pop them with my bolt or semi and the worst they'll do is wound me. Best result for them is ussually both of us dieing as he continues to shoot while fatally wounded.

2. Gameplay is far too fast.
Maybe for you but I'm having a lot of fun as is. But this can easily be fixed with the addition of new maps. Have you played Ogledow? Its a much larger map resulting in a much slower gameplay. Personally i prefer the current maps in rotation however I like the greater variety that maps such as this offer and enjoy it nonetheless. With the SDK being released next week we should see more maps such as this coming in.

3. Tactical gameplay of ANY sort is basically pointless.
So what its all down to luck? Perhaps you can elaborate, because I still utilise many flanking manouvers that win the day and can hold up a winloss ratio above 2:1 so it hardly seems that gameplay has no tactics if these results are possible. However you cant expect to flank while carrying an mg running at snail speed and hope to get around the enemy unnoticed. Work as a team, utilise smoke to get through chokepoints and you will become more flexible on the battlefield.

4. Can't remove weapon unlocks.

I expect this feature to be rolling out shortly as I can't see how it would take a lot of time to implement and it has no negative effect on any parties.

Any other critisism? because in my point of view there may only be a few things in this game which could use some tweaking and what you may consider "wrong" is heavily outweighed by the good things that make this game so enjoyable.

Reactions: Spindle and Cwivey
Upvote 0
@OP these points and many many more were reported to TWI months ago. Many of them before release, but TWI's lead designer decided to create a different game. That's why we have so many ********* features like AI tank gunner, unlocks (we even cannot chose which we want to use!), player character bonuses (like less recoil and faster reloading) and many more.

Even not realistic games like Battlefield 3 has:
- closeable unlocks
- option to disable unlocks and specific weapons/addons on a server, not loosing ranked status (I guess many server admin would like to disable Mkb42, AVT, MP-40/II and other prototypes that never were in Stalingrad or even in combat use, but keep ranking mode)
- better momentum simulation and slower paced elements (player slower runs upstairs and climb up/down on ladder), which feels more realistic
- bigger recoil on some weapons (friend of mine opinion)
- better LMG recoil, more realistic when weapon is deployed. I tested it and LMG deployed on bipod works like should, doesn't have "balanced" recoil that kicks randomly upwards.
- better suppression simulation (but best suppressive effect I've ever seen was developed for Darkest Hour) than HoS has.

And game studio doesn't need 300+ manpower to develop those. It is only game design team fault.

Result: HoS has less active playerbase weeks after release than RO:O had years after release.
HoS won 0 awards, when RO:O had many ( and RO:O had 0$ commercial budged)
etc

Last edited:
Reactions: echutter
Upvote 0
Ok so constructive criticism.

I'll just rattle off some issues that annoy me.

Why can someone stop sprinting, turn on a dime and mow you down with this gun faster than you can get your iron sights up?

The MG is a suppression weapon meant for covering large open area's to stop troop advances, not for being rambo.
There seems to be some conflicting statements going on...we want realism? Are you saying realism to RO1 or realism to real war? If you are saying realism to RO1 then you can stop here...if you are saying "realism" to actual war than I disagree with your statement above and some of the others.

In "real war" soldiers do not just sneak around during combat and there are not "rules" in war...it's kill or be killed and you use whatever tactic possible to do it. In a "real war" so called rules (i.e. MG not used for a clearing weapon) are broken all the time and you must always adapt based on the battlefield conditions as this is part of the human condition (people do crazy things in a real war because they are scared ****less).

So if again I say "realism" to "real war" or "realism" to things you have read in a book, watched on TV, experienced in a previous game, or because it suits your style of play (i.e. sneaking around?).

Having served I can tell you first hand there are no rules on the battlefield...now and in any previous war...now that' realism. You adapt to the situation at hand..use what you have...try to work together...and hope your training pays off.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to your opinion I just get tired of people saying this game needs to be more "realistic" as what I think you are really saying is I want the game to play like a previous game or/and to suit more of my style of play.

I totally enjoy the game the way it is (with glitches here and there) because it forces me to adapt and overcome the challenges while in game even if the odds are against me and my team....

Upvote 0