• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gift for COH Players

Ogledow for Company of Heroes!

I was hankering for some wide-open spaces and tank combat in COH, and I thought Ogledow would be a good fit. So, I did this remake of the original from RO:OST. (I started this before Six Ten released his RO2 version, BTW.) I know some of you have to be COH players as well.

Ogledow Trailer - YouTube

Not really looking for feedback--just enjoy.

Ogledow (SGA version) Goes in "My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\ww2\scenarios".
Ogledow (SGB version) Goes in "company of heroes\WW2\Data\Scenarios\mp" and then add -dev to the command line.

If you don't know which version to use, get SGA.

Last edited:
What is COH???

Company of Heroes

[url]http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1529/[/URL] It's on sale right now, should check it out.

You must do more of this! Especially now that we have the russians in CoH, courtesy of the Eastern Front mod :IS2:

Thanks for the tip, Euphoria. I hadn't heard about this mod or maybe it slipped my mind, but I'll def try it out with my map and report back with screens.

Updated OP with brief install instructions.

Upvote 0
I played coh so long ago I completely forgot about it, then they wanted to make it free to play which probably didnt happen and now its on steam.

Its a strange game where quickness wins you the games not tactics or anything, you cant really say why you won or lost like in starcraft for example.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
COH is one of the best strategy games period, which is why it was so well rated. So much attention to detail in the game. Iv been playing it since 2006 and i still haven't figuered out all the small things that mean the difference between winning and losing in firefights.

If you are new, watch some shout casts from imperial dane (propaganda cast) on youtube to get a handle on strategy and stuff.

Upvote 0
nice work - maybe that would be a good tool to prototype / size up a RO2 map idea before getting down to the UT3 SDK process

I guess it could be...the heightmaps work exactly the same as the UT engine and you can import and export them easily. Plus all the buildings are pre-made, so no doing the geometry by hand.

I gave Eastern Front a try. It's certainly interesting, but seems rather buggy-- graphics glitches, high memory load, and crashing. It seemed to want to crash a lot when I took a screenshot, so I only managed to take one: a Russian squad assaulting with PPShs.

Upvote 0
A casual version of men of war. With the abilitie to "build your base".

Men of war is a casual version of COH in many ways. For instance the way squads move is much better than in men of war. Men of War is about commando missions not war.
BOTH are very casual versions of combat mission normandy!!!

COH is probably the BEST RTS ever composed. Men of War is just a revamped version of that old game "commandos" with a few more men.

I should stop poking now ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Spindle
Upvote 0
Hey guys,

there are a few realism mods out there, while never acheiving full realism, some come close. A lot of fun PvP...but bots always fall short of tactical engagements..in any game for that matter.

Years ago I created a platoon realism mod, where one starts the game with 1 platoon, with various realistic squads therin, based on actual company ToE....off map was things like mortar and arty...I had very relaistic gun fights utalizing greatly diminished accuracy vs cover, and realistic damage, skins, and what not...but of course....the mod is no longer out there...this was back long time ago. I may try to remake it sometime...hoping a new coh comes within 2-3 years though, as COH is the best RTS ever....

Last edited:
Upvote 0