• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ro 2 Steam sale 50% off

Can anybody tell me if the Total War Mega Pack includes all TW games? Also, since I am only searching for Rome TW and Med II TW again, does anybody know if it's possible to gift the other games when buying the Pack?

I am sorry to ask, but I am currently at work and the steampage is in Chinese. Cannot read that...:rolleyes:

I think it's all tied in to the one purchase, I don't think you can separate them to gift individually. I had to repurchase (for the THIRD time, this time with the Mega Pack) because I can't find my old key, then bought from Gamer's Gate or something and misplaced that ... this bit with keys is a bit silly. I've had to purchase MTWI 4 times, MTWII 3 times, and RomeTW twice. Not to mention multiple purchases of the expansion packs for all three games. They make it REALLY difficult reinstalling, etc. with old CD's since they went the Steam route. Says a lot for the games, though, that many of us play them for years on end, even to the point of repurchasing them.

Now, if they'd just do a Civ VI and make it more in line with I-IV ... Civ V is just aweful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it's all tied in to the one purchase, I don't think you can separate them to gift individually. I had to repurchase (for the THIRD time, this time with the Mega Pack) because I can't find my old key, then bought from Gamer's Gate or something and misplaced that ... this bit with keys is a bit silly. I've had to purchase MTWI 4 times, MTWII 3 times, and RomeTW twice. Not to mention multiple purchases of the expansion packs for all three games. They make it REALLY difficult reinstalling, etc. with old CD's since they went the Steam route. Says a lot for the games, though, that many of us play them for years on end, even to the point of repurchasing them.

Now, if they'd just do a Civ VI and make it more in line with I-IV ... Civ V is just aweful.

Thanks a bunch for your reply mate. Rome and Med 2 are my favorites and I also purchased both of them twice. I have the problem that the cds are broken and I lost the booklet. That's why I am reconsidering to buy those games again.
Empire TW and Napoleon TW are bad imho. Shogun 2 is good again, but I still prefer Europe as a battlefield.

Upvote 0
Thanks a bunch for your reply mate. Rome and Med 2 are my favorites and I also purchased both of them twice. I have the problem that the cds are broken and I lost the booklet. That's why I am reconsidering to buy those games again.
Empire TW and Napoleon TW are bad imho. Shogun 2 is good again, but I still prefer Europe as a battlefield.

Pretty much my sentiments, too, a bit downhill after Rome. I'd love to see them do one something along th line of "East vs. West," starting with the Persian wars, continuing on with the Pelopennesian Wars, then finishing with the Wars of Alexander.

Upvote 0
Empire TW and Napoleon TW are bad imho. Shogun 2 is good again, but I still prefer Europe as a battlefield .

I agree, pretty much downhill after Rome. It would be nice to see then move on to the Greeks & Persians next, beginning with the Pelopenneisian War, then on to the Greco Turkish wars, and finish with Alexander's campaigns.

Upvote 0
It baffles me how people say 20$ games give the cheep impressions or the one above me saying it's an indication the game is dead in the water...

Steam does sales all the time... in the US, it is black friday I think. (specials all over to the point of people getting killed)

Never lived it being a Canadian... but hey, it's an excuse for a steam sale.

about 1 month ago, I bought:

GTA1, GTA2, GTA3, GTA Vice city, GTA San Andreas, GTA4, GTA Tonys gay thing and Liberty city chronicles... I think there I am missing one.

FOR 12$ !!!!

Twelve Dollars...

Sure... it's not new but 12$ I guess GTA must really suck balls at this point.

Point being is: nothing wrong with a special to pull in some new faces.

Upvote 0
Indeed. A long lasting impression.

I really don't get that impression. I buy pretty much all my games at a deep discount from steam. In fact i only usually look in the bargain bin. If it is full price i almost always pass. Worked for A-10, ArmA2, and a bunch of others. I just shift my gameplay around so i am playing something different while waiting for newer games to get discounted. I wasn't going to buy RO2 at full price, but with the developer reputation from RO1 i knew i would eventually get it. Even picked up RO1 at the same time.

But i don't look at a game as garbage because it is discounted. Steam was just having a sale, and the game isn't brand new anymore.

Upvote 0