• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO1 Tank Map To Carry Over?

RO1 Tank Map To Carry Over?

• Black Day July

Votes: 38 64.4%
  • Orel

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Other (tell us what your choice is!)

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
they already said it downloads through the server

its better that way

Who said that? Official maps made by TWI, will download via Steam, not from the server, but custom maps won't.
Downloading through the server isn't better.
eg: Gumrak weighs in at 144mb. do you know how long that would take to download direct from the server at 11kbs.
IF the server is using a redirect site for custom files then it could be downloaded at MBps rather than kbs.

Upvote 0
Blackday July is the main map from the original RO that I would like to see remade. As pointed out, it would need spawns moved etc to ensure that opposing sides met at the proper time to battle it out for the cap zones, due to the difference in speeds of the two tanks we currently have. It would be a great map though, very open, long range shooting, tactical and the possibility of looking beautiful !

I had intended making a map for RO2 which would have been a tank map based onn city fighting. There would have been no infantry. Essentially the idea came about after playing World of Tanks. A city full of tank battles, noisy treads trundling through demolished buildings, concealing your tank in the shadows of a burnt out shell of a house? Ambushing? Long range firing down the lengths of streets? Al of this would have been possible, with careful planning of the map layout geometry.

The fact that there was no historical battle that took place like that makes no odds to me. I just think that such a scenario would have been fun.

When the SDK releases in the next week we will see what the other mappers come up with.

Upvote 0