• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another New Class

Andysowhat

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 23, 2011
I represent the "repair guy" or the "enigneer" :)

The Idea here is "stationary guns" (manually, Automaticly, whatever)

again I have some more weapon suggestions.

I know my Idea isn't completly perfect. it's like a "beta idea" try thinking with me instead of working against a awzm suggestion :D

ok lets suggest some weapons. i got 4 suggestions, you guys are also allowed to suggest if you like :) happy to read. :)

ok, first one will be a "plasma wall" or "Wood Wall"

which is for replacing a broken doors, but the "replacement" won't be repairable like a normal door would.

Maybe swap nades for "plasma wall"

I did a through out search on google but couldn't find anything. that could show what im thinking of. but I believe you understood the concept.

Next the "Healing beacon" or "something"

the Idea did i think of myself. but i found something look alike from the game "global agenda"

The purpose here is a beacon that u drop on the floor heals really slow over time.

screenshot00012u.jpg

my next Idea is swap the knife for a wrench.

propsbigasswrenchjpg.png

My last Idea is ofc a "sentery gun" :D <3

what do I have to say. its a gun that shoots, but its stationary :)

I will believe that its smart giving the sentry gun bit health and a limited ammunation. which means that the Engineer himself has to stay by his Sentery gun to repair and mentain its ammo. by using the wrench to fill and repair it with.

sentrygunx.jpg

as I think it.
ok "the engineers" pro's are.

Camping,
some sort of slow over time healing,
Blockade,
great support class

The down's are.

No versitality what so ever.
Not room for other guns than its 9mm
No grenades

The wood wall, I DO like that one. It's also been previous thought of several times.

The Healing Station... no. That is more Medic territory. And that is all.

Wrench... you didn't go into this much, so I can't say a damn thing about it in a good or bad way. Someone else is likely to say that we've got enough melee weapons as is. However, if this works as the weapon you gotta have out to repair something... well...

Sentry gun... try figuring really hard into balancing this.

---

In the end, I like the wooden wall thing, but the rest is all either on the fence or absolutely no. Think about class ideas in how they will complement other classes and not overstep into those classes' territories. That might help you a lot when trying to make new ideas. I will at least admit that you're trying it seems... a bit more than last.

Reactions: DDC1234
Upvote 0
Plasma wall, HRRRRGNNH.

Wood wall sounds good, though... I dunno about making an all new perk for it, in fact, I think the support would be better for this. Would you be able to shoot over this wooden wall, whilst not repairing it, then? That actually does seem somewhat balanced and reasonable.

Upvote 0
Has anyone here used the PillarGun mut from UT2004? That basically is what I think should be usable... just with construction times instead of Shock Rifling things into place. Would make for interesting AI changes though... if it was to work properly because you just KNOW someone would make platforms to abuse the hell outta things like this...

Unless... it was recoded to only allow building on floors and angled floors up to certain degrees of angle... then it might work better...

Upvote 0
Plasma walls... wait what?

Any kind of walls would most likely make it too easy unless they were ridiculously easy to break which makes them useless instead.

Healing beacon... no.

Thats a medic ability and would also make healing a bit too easy.

The sentry gun MIGHT work if you actually had to stand next to it to keep it operational and if it had limited ammuntion AND wasnt too powerful.

All these ideas could be fun on a modded server but not in the game by default.

Upvote 0
Neat

Neat

Something like this?:

1211323621U3Dwpv.jpg

Specimens can attack it, you can shoot through it, Support can weld it.

Eng can extend it, and when you're building it out in the open (i.e. no walls either side of it) you take longer since you're building a support to hold it up.

That's what i'm contributing, i hope you like it :)

Yeah I would like that :)

But I'm thinking that it shouldn't be possible to add these walls everywhere, just the spots where a door has broken up. which means, if you have a camping spot and you get unlucky getting a fp or a tripple siren on ur door from the start, you can just let it break and replace it later.

One more thing I want the door replacement. is because for some stupid reasons. if you put a pipe on a door. and someone opens the door. the pipe strangly dissipear to no where.

so if you need a door open just throw nades at instead and dont loose ur pipe. after all a pipe is like 750 :O or 196 something. its like super expensive.

And if that is said, I think the wall should be a demo thing. but it belongs kinda to support dude :)

Upvote 0
I really like this idea and i would love for it to be a new class. Maybe the engineer could have a certain amount of metal like in TF2 and that metal is used to give the sentry gun more ammo and repair all the buildings... the health beacon,sentry gun, woodwall/plasma wall should take a few seconds to deploy and zombies should be able to attack them. The things that the engineer can make needs to have a certain amount of health too. Like the sentry could have 200 health which would be about even to a normal persons health because they get armor. I think he should also be able to make or give ammo packs that would be out of his own metal that gives ammo to the player. Maybe like 5 metal is 1 clip or something like that. Maybe if you could post mechanics of the sentry gun,woodwall and health beacon and we could discuss on trying to balance them. Also i think the sentry gun could have different firing modes like you can make it shoot like a bullpup or you could make it shoot like a scar and cost more ammo. Maybe even it could shoot something like rockets or grenades.And if you had to buy the ammo for the sentry gun from the trader and you just put it in the sentry gun which would take a few seconds.Maybe it could be like 1 grenade is 8 pounds and a rocket is 35 pounds so it would be a little bit more expensive than it would for a demo.And like a clip of a Machine Gun for how ever many pounds depending on damage and ammo. You should also be able to control the firing if you want to so that if you want to target something more important like a fleshpound,siren,scrake,husk instead of weaker ones like clot,crawler,stalker you can and so the sentry gun doesnt waste ammo if you dont want it to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0