• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

You were able to deduce what the gameplay will be like based on the available material? I applaud your incisiveness.

So, why exactly will the gameplay be crud?

hence the "so far"

the gunplay looks weak, I dont like the constant use of those customizing menus in the middle of fighting, and the shooting just looks generic. its too bad really since the trailer was probably one of the best trailers-movies included-that I've ever seen.

of course I'll still download the demo. I really want to like this game

Upvote 0
hence the "so far"

the gunplay looks weak, I dont like the constant use of those customizing menus in the middle of fighting, and the shooting just looks generic. its too bad really since the trailer was probably one of the best trailers-movies included-that I've ever seen.

of course I'll still download the demo. I really want to like this game
Like Deus Ex had strong gunplay / special feeling while shooting. You wouldn't even hit half of the time and then it would take 9543 shots to take an enemy down or at least 2 headshots.

Upvote 0
Like Deus Ex had strong gunplay / special feeling while shooting. You wouldn't even hit half of the time and then it would take 9543 shots to take an enemy down or at least 2 headshots.
Exactly the reason I stopped playing. Shotgun at point blank range and I'm missing like 3-5 shots? Ridiculous. Dice rolls for real time shooting suck. FO3 and NV do that too, but if you put a shotgun barrel in the stomach of an enemy, they hit in those games.

Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0
well the gameplay does seem to be more arcade and PUNCH THROUGH WALLS BECAUSE ITS COOL.

For an deus ex 1 prequel i kinda hope for less tech, and more reliance on you sneaking around and not getting in big fights.
I wonder what made you think that. In Deus Ex 1 it was clearly implied that the old generation of mech-agents like Navarre, Hermann or the guy we are playing here were relying more on physical confrontations to solve their missions. At least the former two did so all the time and it seems pretty logical too. The progression with the new agents (Dentons) was that they were more subtle compared to the old ones, since they didn't stick out as much with their nano-augmentations. That at least was my understanding.

That said I hope it will again be purely your choice whether or not you want to kill, sneak or talk your way through the missions.

Last edited:
Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0
And Star Wars Episodes I-III were more advanced than the old trilogy. The makers now having means more advanced and sweeping than previously, it should come as no big surprise that it will be taken advantage of by the people giving you the game.

I, for one, am not even remotely surprised and, having shed my nostalgia skin, shall embrace the change, should it transpire that it doth deliver. Forsooth.

Upvote 0