• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Jumping out of a tank

Klaus

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
Israel, Tel-Aviv
I see it happening far too many times on public servers. Stop jumping out of your tanks.
- Why, Klaus? Why shouldnt I save my life????
I'll tell you then, oh random ROPlayer.. Because your job is to be a TANKER, a tank crewman or commander. It is what you DO. So if you jump out of a tank, lets say on a tank map, you are basiclly a guy with a pistol running around like an idiot for 10 minutes.
If you DIE with your tank, you'll spawn again next to it 5 seconds later and you'll do alot more good for your team because:
TANK > RANDOM GUY WITH PISTOL.
2nd reason - If you jump out when your tank is barely damaged you are just wasting it. It pains me to see some idiot driving a Tiger or a Panther half way across the map just to jump out the moment he sees a T34-76 targeting it

- But Klaus! Sometimes I need to jump out and kill Infantry
Oh silly ROPlayer, there are infantry roles for that.. a tank isnt your personal APC.

- But Klaus.. Surely there are times where its ok to jump out of your tank
Well yes, maybe rarely when you are about to cap a tough objective and you'll know you'll be more hidden outside a tank .. then maybe yes
on 97.5% of the occuasions.. THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO REASON TO JUMP OUT

Last edited:
Of coarse, jumping out and shooting that satchel/faust/motorcycle man trying to be sneaky is always funny. :D

AT Guy: "Ha, haha, this tanker isn't going to know what hit him"
*Vroom* *Engine turns off on cycle/clown car.
Tanker: "Oh shi, AT Guy near me"
*Hop out, bang bang bang*
AT Guy: "!@$##$^$ER#$%
*Hop back in tank, continue playing*

I am refering ofcourse to people abandoning their tanks, not leaping out for a moment and coming back.
We had a match against some Polish clan awhile ago (I forgot their name). We played some tank map and during the fight, those guys just jumped out of their tanks and started running to spawn on the first sign of danger.
It was ridicules, there were so many empty tanks on the battle field..

Upvote 0
I am refering ofcourse to people abandoning their tanks, not leaping out for a moment and coming back.
We had a match against some Polish clan awhile ago (I forgot their name). We played some tank map and during the fight, those guys just jumped out of their tanks and started running to spawn on the first sign of danger.
It was ridicules, there were so many empty tanks on the battle field..
Why hold Poles to such a high standard?

:p
[sarcastic comment, some feel I should add...]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only occasions I recall abandoning tank on purpose instead of just going down with the ship (so to speak) is that if we're E.G. holding one single objective anymore and we're losing it and basically it doesn't matter do we die in the tank or not as the map could be over in 15 seconds if we don't just get in the capzone - that is, presuming we (me + someone I am playing with) are close enough to the zone in the first place.

But other than that, it's quite silly even though pretty funny once in a while to see alot of tanks abandoned or crewmen running in some open field, waiting to be shot. :p

Upvote 0