• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For those asking "When is the DE beta"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the game is simply not playable at this stage, with frequent crashes and stability issues preventing even a 15 minute game experience. What other reasonable arguement can there be?

*facepalm*

Yes, every game ever that has had an NDA has done so to conceal its rampant bugs and frequent crashes. No developer who has a decent product has ever used an NDA.

Upvote 0
TWI doesn't want us in beta, because they want it to be polished as much as possible. Well, thats good but isn't it that what is it for? Isn't beta supposed to be buggy, glitchy and unfinished? When people bought DE version, I'm sure no one is expecting it to be all buttoned up because it's written on steamstore that it's BETA and BETA means UNFINISHED.

Reactions: Lobo
Upvote 0
TWI doesn't want us in beta, because they want it to be polished as much as possible. Well, thats good but isn't it that what is it for? Isn't beta supposed to be buggy, glitchy and unfinished? When people bought DE version, I'm sure no one is expecting it to be all buttoned up because it's written on steamstore that it's BETA and BETA means UNFINISHED.

That is true, but the newer generation of gamers has little to no idea of what a beta actually IS.

Upvote 0

I think the majority expects it to be playable and if they dont polish it up it's most likely gonna have a rough rep in the beginning.

They don't want to show of anything unpolished to the masses obviously.

If beta don't start in a week or so i'd expect the game to get delayed again.

Upvote 0
TWI just ****ed up a bit and used word "beta" instead of "paid early access".

Upvote 0

Haven't you already posted about this elsewhere? You are going to get the same response.... THE DATE OF THE RELEASE OF THE BETA HAS NOT CHANGED!! Wait I guess that may not have been clear enough, I heard that trolls have very hard heads but WOW...I mean WOW!!

Upvote 0
I preordered early. It'll be a great game in about 6 -12 months. And by then you can probably get it alot cheaper.
I followed it's development pretty closely, and as the previews started coming in I decided it best to wait for the release reviews, and more importantly the forum user reviews.

One thing though, Maddox Games developed a whole new proprietary simulation engine for Storm Of War/Cliffs Of Dover, which is a huge undertaking. Having been involved in the development of Rise Of Flight, I know how much development time can be consumed in creating a high-fidelity simulation engine (it ate through the complete Gennadich Team budget for Knights Of The Sky, before the dev. team was lucky to find another owner and $$$ with NEOQB, for what would become ROF).

Upvote 0
Haven't you already posted about this elsewhere? You are going to get the same response.... THE DATE OF THE RELEASE OF THE BETA HAS NOT CHANGED!! Wait I guess that may not have been clear enough, I heard that trolls have very hard heads but WOW...I mean WOW!!

1. I don't know what are you talking about, that was my first post on these forums.
2. Did I say anything about date change of beta release? (wait, so theres any beta release date? :p) No. I was just curious why TWI confuses BETA stage with ALPHA stage.
3. You clearly confuse me with someone other.

Reactions: Alone + Easy Target
Upvote 0

Beta means needs testing which is what RO2 needs. Not the shiney stuff. The stuff that makes the game work. But to test it they need 100's of ranked servers sending data back to TWI HQ. And for that they ideally would like 1000's players playing. That way if it went tits up they can say 'Well it is a beta' but we've sorted the problem and people will not go ape since it's a soft launch.

So the DDE players basically get early access and TWI get to stress test the server data - that's called a win/win. The only sh!tter is that since it is really early access the stats get reset on official launch. But beggars cannot be choosers but maybe TWI will consider not resetting the stats.....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.