• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

GDC video's (Tanks, destruction, and Beta info).

That video didn't really convince me at all. Some animations looked really stiff and AI still is ultra-dumb(yes it's very easy mode, but even on very easy mode they shouldn't just run past you and crouch beside you), graphics weren't really too convincing especcially on the tank map, G41 sounded meh, etc.

The game will be very awesome no doubt, but this wasn't exactly the best presentation.

Upvote 0
That video didn't really convince me at all. Some animations looked really stiff and AI still is ultra-dumb(yes it's very easy mode, but even on very easy mode they shouldn't just run past you and crouch beside you), graphics weren't really too convincing especcially on the tank map, G41 sounded meh, etc.

The game will be very awesome no doubt, but this wasn't exactly the best presentation.

It appeared that the presentation was to show specific mechanics in the game. This wasn't an official trailer...

Reactions: nike_angus
Upvote 0
Yeah I can't help but be annoyed with the constant...

..."Show us stuff show us stuff show us stuff show us stuff!!!!"...

...followed by nitpicking about what you see. The reason there isn't a contsant stream of info/movies/screenies is because it's not ready! It's an unfinished product.

Upvote 0
Yeah I can't help but be annoyed with the constant...

..."Show us stuff show us stuff show us stuff show us stuff!!!!"...

...followed by nitpicking about what you see. The reason there isn't a contsant stream of info/movies/screenies is because it's not ready! It's an unfinished product.

+ infinite

Upvote 0
Pro's:
- Ducking while reloading
- Streamlined moving (from deployed MG position etc)
- New pickup system
- Precise building destruction

Cons:
- Strange AI behaviour
- MG34 sound
- Yoshiro :p

Overall, good info. Shame it's a cam vid again though.
Agree with these. Nice to see much better videos than earlier though, one can finally get an idea of the 'look' of the game, and it is better than I expected. I also like what they did with the music.

Upvote 0
I got to get in one of those clans...

Been looking for one anyways, but I wonder which ones they mean?
FK? TWB? 29th ID?

Any of those even recommendable?

Judging that TWB got to check out an Alpha build and have supported ROOST with their 50 player servers for ages, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet TWB will be in on the Friends and Family beta.

Upvote 0