• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reply with your funny stories about new guys

Some of my clan mates and I were enjoying a friendly-fire game on our clan server. (My clan is comprised of age 18+ ppl from my LotRO Kinship). We were all using ventrillo instead of the in-game chat. Well, I forgot to password lock the server. A kid gets on the server half way thru a round and start rambling.

Kid: "Have I done this map before? I think I have. Have I? I don't know. Is this the map that has the thing with the holes? I think it is. Wait no. Wait yes. I think I like this map. Hey, hey guys, guys, what class are you? what gun are you using? Hey guys I think I know this map. Hey what level are you? Can I have some money?"

And he just keeps going on and on and on....

Start of the level, my friend's husband just blasts the kid and kills him. Of corse he has time to respawn...

Kid: "How did I die? Anyone know how I died? Hey guys, can I have some money?"

Of corse....he gets blasted again and he rage quit....ok it was a bit mean but...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@HeLL_BREATH: I think you're viewing this thread the wrong way. A lot of us understand that newbies can tend to do stupid stuff. We've all been there. But there is a HUGE difference between a newb and a noob. This thread should be viewed by new players as advice from the more experience players on what to to and what NOT to do.

woah woah woah
please explain what the difference is between a; NEWB and a NOOB
i though they were the same wqith different spellings haha
turns out there not :(

Upvote 0
woah woah woah
please explain what the difference is between a; NEWB and a NOOB
i though they were the same wqith different spellings haha
turns out there not :(

Newbs are the kind of guys who say "Hey, what's a good tactic for this kind of game on this kind of map? Sorry, hehe, I'm new :p "

Newbs should be treated nicely and be taken under the wings of veterans and then be made to become a veteran themselves.

NOOBS however, are bloody annoying. They often believe that they're good at the games they play, although they do everything wrong, e.g. spam the M14 or grenade launchers like no tommorow, or not be aware of things like friendly fire, and an FF incident caused by them will be blamed on the person who gets shot (by them). They are prone to being very arrogant and often accuse veterans of being the noobs. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tbh i'm very confused by Hellbreath... i swear after his thread got closed the next day i had some trollish PM from him, so i laughed... but now it seems to have vanished :confused:

Speaking of noobs, had some weird game yesterday with a couple of players who had clearly powerlevelled themselves. Bill and Zoey they were called (shock horror they were together in there noobishness). We were at the bottom corridor of Offices and Bill kept insisting we were ramboing by 'not standing at the back of the corridor' so he was refusing to shoot anything (in the 1 and only occasion we actually needed assistance). Then they 'didnt want to intrude on the pros' so went and welded themselves in a room upstairs and died about halfway through the wave. Then they just spent the rest of the game not doing anything and sitting in the side room.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ The Demon Of The Fall Yeah I regard newbie as someone simply new to the game, learning the ropes, who may be good or bad, but is someone you should endeavor to help

Noobs are simply terrible players, people who make unbelievable decisions, to the point that even a new player is like WTF... and they dont even realise the are doing it. They almost always are arrogant, refuse to accept advice, and generally are unpleasant to play with. The other definition of course is people who know full well what they are doing, but use exploits and poor tactics to progress through the game (liek Gibby has posted pretty much)

@ EvilSod yeah I'm sure a post or 2 of his has gone missing in this very thread :S

and LoL of course Bill and Zoey failed in KF... they need their melee button :)

Upvote 0
OMG a LVL ZERO just bombed our ff suicidal game..... it was offices... wave 10... 3 spec left (my first EVER suicidal achievement gone)

i kept a level zero demolitions allive throughought it (he joined that wave) and near the end of said round (3 specimens left....) he asked what button grenade was.... we told him..... we also told him it was 100% friendly fire..... we all went into the trader getting ready for the patriarch, i got my tank on as a lvl 5 medic with the FLAW and was going to exit the trader... we were all stuck.... by the lvl 0..... looking straight up with knife out..... we told hin to get out of the way..... he threw a grenade...... or 3..... WE ALL DIED IN TRADER TIME

Upvote 0
Tbh i'm very confused by Hellbreath... i swear after his thread got closed the next day i had some trollish PM from him, so i laughed... but now it seems to have vanished :confused:

Speaking of noobs, had some weird game yesterday with a couple of players who had clearly powerlevelled themselves. Bill and Zoey they were called (shock horror they were together in there noobishness). We were at the bottom corridor of Offices and Bill kept insisting we were ramboing by 'not standing at the back of the corridor' so he was refusing to shoot anything (in the 1 and only occasion we actually needed assistance). Then they 'didnt want to intrude on the pros' so went and welded themselves in a room upstairs and died about halfway through the wave. Then they just spent the rest of the game not doing anything and sitting in the side room.

You were the one being an asshole, neither of us have power leveled and have only had the game for two weeks tops. Welded ourselves up there because it was actually fun instead of watching you shoot all the zombies standing at the head of the hallway. Everything was going great until you joined and hopefully I'll never find you in my game again.

Upvote 0
OMG a LVL ZERO just bombed our ff suicidal game..... it was offices... wave 10... 3 spec left (my first EVER suicidal achievement gone)

i kept a level zero demolitions allive throughought it (he joined that wave) and near the end of said round (3 specimens left....) he asked what button grenade was.... we told him..... we also told him it was 100% friendly fire..... we all went into the trader getting ready for the patriarch, i got my tank on as a lvl 5 medic with the FLAW and was going to exit the trader... we were all stuck.... by the lvl 0..... looking straight up with knife out..... we told hin to get out of the way..... he threw a grenade...... or 3..... WE ALL DIED IN TRADER TIME

That's absolutely horrible but also kind of awesome if you're not the one experiencing it.

Upvote 0