• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My Suggestions.

Jorg Biermann1

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Buckinghamshire, UK
Ok since I've actually played over 20 hours of RO2 now I'm going to update my suggestions list. The old list that I made before the beta was old is in the Sticky Below. The ones under the sticky are new.
Spoiler!

New Suggestions

Prone System
I like what Tripwire has tried to do with the prone but it stills needs some work. It's really annoying how when you try to turn and you can't because something is blocking you, you start to bounce your aim back and forth and moves you around. It should just stop you and not bounce around.

I find that when crawling your player, it is really slow. I guess this is realistic but I feel you are slightly too slow. When in a battle I'm sure you would be trying to move a lot faster to get to your position quicker.

Hafthohladung
This defiantly needs some changing. I love that it is ingame, first FPS game I've ever played with it. Which is why it disappoints me so much when I found out that you throw it and it blows up on impact. It feels like Tripwire was trying to balance out the Hafthohladung with the Russian RPG40. I'm hoping that this is just a beta issue and Tripwire hasn't finished the animations for it yet, here's hoping.

Tanks
Using Buttons for the Turret
I think this is more of an issue for me because I am a long time RO Ostfront player. I preferred it more in Ostfront because pressing the buttons felt more authentic. I just don't like the way I have to move my mouse one way then pick it up to keep turning. This gets really annoying. I believe it would be better if maybe there was a setting so you can chose whether to use buttons or a mouse.

Also the tanks in RO2 would be a lot better if you could bail out with another awesome animation. I'm hoping that Tripwire are thinking of adding this because from the looks of the forums it is really wanted.

Dumb down the AI crew
To be honest, I'm very surprised at how much I like the AI crew. Single tanking in Ostfront was too unrealistic and this basically fixes that but there is a problem that the AI crew are too good. The hull MG gunner doesn't miss at all and I think there should be a slight delay of his shooting so people can atleast sprint past without getting insta shot by the gunner. I also think there should be a bigger delay when giving orders to the other crewmen of the tank to give team tankers a bigger advantage.

Cover System
I am loving the cover system. It is great mainly because I've never played a cover system in first person. I can't really say much to make it better besdes some of the glitches which I'm sure Tripwire have heard already. Maybe one thing would that could make it better is when you are covered behind a wall that is big enough to stand behind if you press C you crouch still in cover. It gets annoying when I'm crouched in a window and I move to the side to get a better angle and it automatically stands me up causing me to lose my cover.

Grenades
The grenades in RO2 are great. I think there's a few things that need to be changed.

One I think the blast is too big. The grenade blast is too deadly is big open places and not deadly enough in confined places like rooms.

I also feel that the grenades do not throw far enough and German and Soviet grenades are too similar. I don't really know much about how different the blast was of the two grenades but what I feel is that the German stick grenade should be thrown a lot further and have a smaller blast.

Anti Tank Class and Engineer Class
The Anti Tank Class seriously should not have the Anti Tank Rifle along with thee Hafthohladungs. The Hafthohladungs should be only for the Engineer class in my opinion. Also there should be a higher limit of Engineer classes.

Bandaging System
To be honest, I like how bandaging is in the game it adds slight realism but I seriously think it's not finished. Here's a couple of ideas to make it more realistic and fun.

Bleeding out seems too fast. I think it should take at least a couple of minutes to bleed out. Maybe the more you wait the screen gets darker and more blurred making it harder fight on. This way people get in cover or fall back to bandage up and bandaging should take at least 30 seconds for each wound and doesn't use 1 bandage for multiple wounds.

It also needs a cool animation to know that you are bandaging, I always get confused not knowing if I bandaged up or not. I think a good animation would you put your gun away, pull out the bandage and rip it up a bit then your hand go down you can hear yourself putting it on but you can't see it. Another way to make this cool is maybe how much you are hurt the more bandage you use which could see by looking at how much bandage there is when you rip it. This could be a more authentic way instead of writing "2 Bandages left".

I also feel that if bandaging was made this way I think the Medics could easily be used in the game. The alone players could maybe have a very little amount of bandages but the medics could have a lot and also be quicker at bandaging than normal soldiers are.

I would actually love it if bandaging was like this. I can just imagine how great it would be ingame.

Text Chat
I think the text chat should be coloured. It is kind of hard to see the difference between server messages and Player text. The text I think should be coloured Feld Grau for the Germans and Red for the Russians.

Also can you add it that text chat can be cancelled with the ESC button. It is annoying having to delete it all if you want to cancel.

Symbols
One of the things I do not like about RO2 is the symbols. The weird German Cross thing with wings doesn't even look like something from WW2. I believe the symbols should be changed but maybe a Iron Cross (or Swastika and maybe make it area based so countries where it is banned do not get it) or a Balkenkreuz for the Germans and for the Russians the Hammer and Sickle or a Red Star.

Weapons shot out of hands
I know this one has been asked for a lot recently but I too think it should be added in as a server setting. People say that it was too annoying in RO1 and I agree it was annoying but I still liked it ingame. I also think it would be less annoying in RO2 because unlike RO1 you don't need to pick up ammo.

If this is added in as a server option I think it should be a realism setting preset also.

Walking through team mates
I wouldn't mine this just being in the relaxed servers but I really think there should be a server setting to make it so you don't walk through enemies. It's just unrealstic and gets annoying when people walk inside you to steal your window or something.

The Overhead Map
I think the overhead map looks way too "Modern". I think it needs to look more like an actual map, more like they did in RO Ostfront. Needs a good yellowy colour paper too.

Also I think the icon for your player needs to be more noticeble. It always take me a while to find where I actually am at.

Machine Guns
I'm bloody loving the new Machine Guns. I haven't played much of the Dp28 but that's because I mainly play German so I've played hours of the MG34. Please DO NOT change the recoil of the gun while it is deployed. At first I found it hard but after a while I got use to it and can easily control it, I think it's very realistic and also makes it harder to use which I think is good.

One thing that is wrong with the MGs is the hipshooting. It's really too easy to control. Today I run into the basement of Propaganda house and run around the room hipshooting and got around seven kills with ease.

Also I'm not sure but the way the Russians hold the DP28 at the hip looks wrong. It should be like the MG34 where you hold the bipod with one hand because he is holding the barrel which even I know it not a very smart thing to do with a MG. Look at this video below (Yes its a Russian Film but still...) Looks at how the Ruskie MG is holding the DP28 as he charges.

Za rodinu ! za STALINA ! Vpjerjod ! - YouTube

Lockdown
I think Lockdown is a pretty good system but I think on maps like Apartments its really unbalanced.

The timer needs to be a lot higher. I think the Lockdown timer on Apartments should be probably half the time of the full time map. This way Lockdown doesn't ruin the gameplay but it also if the defenders are really good the attackers don't get really bored and rage quit.

Also I think there should be an option to disable lockdown on servers.

And one last thing, I'm not sure what Lockdown actually means? I always thought of it as a kind of Retreat. So maybe it should be renamed to something more obvious like "Forced Retreat" ?

Last edited:
Good work man.

Maybe for the AT grenade LMB, or your usual fire button, will make you throw it ineffectively then RMB or whatever your melee is set to will have you place it.

Also I agree, I want craters in the street, artillery from a field way outside the city would never be that accurate to just hit the buildings.

Bandaging I agree on as well having to possibly crouch to wrap the bandage around your leg or arm. I mean its gonna take a minute!

I hate when they "balance" the game by changing weapon power and making it unrealistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Depulsor
Upvote 0
Added this part to my list of Suggestions.

Carrying Two Weapons
Spoiler!

I also added this to the Anti tank section.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Guards badge is especially farby since although Guards units were around since 1941 and the special Guards ranks and banners since 1942, the physical badge itself wasn't issued until May of 1943 (so I've read, but from sketchy sources). And most maps won't feature Guards Divisions anyway, so it wouldn't make sense for regular riflemen to wear the badge just because they're veterans of RO1 (are we to pretend RO1 was Operation Barbarossa or something?)

Also, if we must have a Guards badge for our tunics, we should also have the badge painted onto our tanks when we spawn as a tanker class, since that was the practice of Guards tank units.

I can understand the need for a simple "underlying" award for veterans of RO1, and one that wouldn't conflict with any future ornaments players might accumulate like Order of Lenin etc. etc., but the Guards badge wasn't awarded on an individual basis, it was awarded to whole units and those units were (in theory) restructured and reequipped. This is the kind of thing that should be a map-specific uniform detail.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes there is the problem with wrong types of soldier wearing wrong medals.

Like the General Assault Badge was basically the Infantry Assault Badge for those who aren't Infantry.

Normal German Infantry would get the Infantry Assault Badge in Silver.
Motorized Infantry get the Infantry Assault Badge in Bronze
And I'm not sure what other Non Infantry there are but I know that Pionierie got General Assault Badges.

This is my very little knowledge on this. I don't actually know much, I normally learn stuff about the German Military from people in my Unit :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree for everything, the map part is true too, not enough things scattered in the streets! Also, I think that the tank driver thing is just that he popped out to see what is going on while the tank is still going.

Remember incremental vehicle controls like in RO1? Right, that's what it's for. In the video you can see him getting back in the hatch when he had to turn the tank.

Upvote 0
I agree for everything, the map part is true too, not enough things scattered in the streets! Also, I think that the tank driver thing is just that he popped out to see what is going on while the tank is still going.

Remember incremental vehicle controls like in RO1? Right, that's what it's for. In the video you can see him getting back in the hatch when he had to turn the tank.

Surely you would open the hatch and stick your head out then drive like normal instead of holding your hands on it and being unable to turn.

Upvote 0