• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ping Pong Tanks?

Hey everyone.

cut.

Welcome! ;)

I've never encountered a number this low before. What is your reasoning?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51236

Good read ;)

Yes, although with a luck still could ricochet if it hits very edge of the mantlet, or especially if it's 52mm or 70mm version.

For what i know, all the T-34/76 versions mantained the same mantlet (40mm) even if the front armor of the turret was upgraded from the initial 45mm to 52mm and finally to 70mm....in fact this is a weak spot of this tank.

Btw, of course the penetration depends still on the angle, so, also 20mm hit @ 10

Upvote 0
The effect after the penetration is one thing but is the every area of the tank actually fully modeled? So when aiming the T34's turret you have to hit the very center of the turret to penetrate it otherwise it might bounce off if you hit the sloped part -->

Or is it just basically modeled as a vertical plate with a certain value code?

Answer would be much appreciated, thanks.

Pretty sure even RO1 was more complex than this, and bear in mind that RO2 cost 20x more to make, so if you imagine that means RO2 tanks and tank calculations are 20x more complex (probably true considering there's only 2 tanks where RO had lots) - well I think your question is answered.

Upvote 0
Why not suppress the surviving members of a penetrated tank?

We do. And a round impacting the turret can also cause some suppression, for example. Not a lot, but some.

I have some questions for Alan (if he wants to/knows the/can answer :p):

-If you say that the UBR-354 A and B will come in the future, which of these two is the AP actually in game?

-Are you going to adjust the reloading times for Kwk 40 and F-34? (in RO1 it's 13 seconds for T-34 model 1941 and 10 seconds for Pz IV F2, in ToW it's 11 seconds for T-34 model 1943 and 6,5 seconds for Pz IV F2/G/H)

-What about the possibility to turn on/off the engine?

-What is the exact T-34 model? With which front-turret armor? 52mm? 70mm??

Mantlet - 52mm cast. T-34 76, M42, as built in Zavod 183 (if I remember right).

Currently modeling UBR-354B.

Can't remember the reload speeds without checking.

We model about 40 armor plates for the Pz IV, less for the T-34. But again, I need to check in the office to be sure!

Upvote 0
I hope so. I know from a search the other day, in ROOST, the hit detection was per polygon, but the angle / penetration calcs weren't per poly - otherwise, shells would bounce of things like antennas.

i'm not aware how TWI chose to do it, but i'm a game development student and... one of the MANY ways to calculate this... would be using a simplified model, as in... with far less polygons, and with stuff like antenas or "meaningless bumps" removed.

in some games... a shell will explode when it hits a rope (*coff coff* sh3 *coff coff*) because they don't define what is "collideable" and what isn't

Upvote 0