• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nov 21st SDK Update

We have just rolled out an update to the SDK.

Change Log:
* The ability to publish maps and code
* Fix for the copy/paste functionality that was previously not working

This should be the last update before we roll out the SDK to all users. Please let us know if anything comes up.

Awesome! My 1st map is underway and being able to copy and paste will cut the time it takes in half ;)

Will post some videos soon, and links to server info for testing!

Upvote 0
We've isolated the cause it the issue should be fixed for the next build.

For now to work around the issue remove the line suppress=log from your roengine.ini. You will want to re add it when you play RO 2 or your performance will suffer.

Word of warning from our Level Designers. Don't duplicate and move things around in lit mode unless you like crashing.

Do i still do this with this patch? cuz the copy/paste don't work for me.

EDIT:

Anyone less experiencing long load time? My sdk use to fire up in about 10 to 15 sec. now it's more like 3 to 4 minutes. what gives?

Last edited:
Reactions: Matkailija and Harb
Upvote 0
Do i still do this with this patch? cuz the copy/paste don't work for me.

EDIT:

Anyone less experiencing long load time? My sdk use to fire up in about 10 to 15 sec. now it's more like 3 to 4 minutes. what gives?

Yeah long load times and still no copy and paste without editing .ini file :(

edit- Also I am now having problems with the Grid Drag Snapping, no snapping and everything will only drag by 1 unit
This only happens with static meshes and not with Skeletal Meshes

Will try too Publish what ive got so far next and see if it works

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Toxic, wolf. You might have bad .ini files. I would suggest deleting your mygames/ro2/config folder and let it regenerate.

It worked! I Should have thought of that before! Load times back to normal

Small patch this morning, Still have issues with static meshes using drag grid snapping, and no copy/paste/duplicate...Removing Suppress=Log from my .ini again ;)

Almost ready to try and publish 1st version of my map

Upvote 0