• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Player providing suppression fire should get Team +1 when the enemy gets killed

My personnal problem about this idea is that I feel if you get +1 for suppressing an enemy, you should also get a well deserved -1 for suppressing your own teamates.
Which happens a lot.
That could be done. But only when your teammate gets killed while you suppressing him. And you didn't hit him, or you will get a team wound -1 or team kill.

Upvote 0
Good idea, but how do you actually detect, that a player has given suppressive fire? For extra credits, feel free to give mock-up code to make your point :D

Game already gives you extra team points for killing an enemy in the cap zone, should suffice really.
I think the game should be able to detect who provides the suppression fire, when the enemy's screen gets grey. Just as it can detect who hits the enemy, when he gets hit. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hmmmm
i'm not sure if it warrants a bonus

the act itself makes me feel immensely satisfied
knowing that some sad sap is cowering and ****ting his pants as my rounds hit the wall he's hiding behind

It's already extremely easy to get team points with group capping and killing in objectives

Not to mention the huge amount of points you get for resupplying an MG.. which is 1 button!

Upvote 0