• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation 10 points question?

So when are you making the high-high poly model? (You know like sculpted scratches or other signs of wear)

Well, there is softwares which can make normal map
scratches from 2d textures.
So i will take a look how well they work

lowdraguren4.jpg

-UpDate- 7500 tris so far, quite sure that cant make it under 8000 where i was aiming to.
But we will see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for asking this in this thread but I thought it may get overlooked if I start a new thread that no-ones sub'd to.

Anyway my question is: Can someone tell me how to export a german or russian character model out of the RO sdk to an obj format?
I want to place a couple of static character meshes in a level I'm building in udk. I'm currently learning udk but I have no-idea what i'm doing in the old RO sdk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
A static, yes. A skeletal mesh, no ;)
You can place the scale actor in an empty map and export the whole map as .obj, delete the rest, tadaa.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've tried going to Actor Class Browser - Pawn - and selecting 'GERriflemanPawn' then right clicking and selecting 'Add GERfiflemanPawn here' in the empty map but it doesn't show up. Is the scale actor you mention something different?

Upvote 0