• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

i found a REASON TO SURRENDER!

another idea on surrender MODE!!

another idea on surrender MODE!!

well best part must then be the the one to play the Political Officer who shoots you in the back when you try to surrender to the fascist who invade our motherland!

:D

I have another idea on this subject:

Lets add "MORALE" as a future to the game as stamina or healt.
when this bar reach 0 then you automatical surrender when u encounter a enemy at an special range lets say 10 meters or if you get under heavy fire.
But the MORALE bar will only turn low when you run out of ammo or get seperated from your unit or squad mates for a longer time or get wounded to bad. If you get close to your Officer then your MORALE bar will gain from low MORALE to a full rested hero that are not afraid off the enemy (somthing like a medic).

In this case the Officer will have a more Importain role in the game more then throwing smoke and call in artillery. The officer in the game has to keep hes troops not to surrender to an more tactical and mighty enemy.

Lets say your wounded and just got 1 clipp off ammo in your rifel and are alone behinde some rubbel suddenly an enemy turns up and then thats lower your moral bar to zero. What happens is that your automatical get your hands over your head and yells somthing with (Ger)" Nicht schizen" (Russ)"Dont shoot I have a family back home, you want vodka" or why not wave a white flag or somthing.
Your controls on your keboard will get totaly messed up when this happens, left will be right and so on. If the enemy accept your surrender then there team will get 1 or 2 more reinforcments tickes in bouns for your surrender. If the enemy is blinded by war and evil and shoots you they DONT get a ticket bouns.

Another thing would be cool if the russian Officer could shoot 1 team player with really low morale that is about to surrender, that would give the entire russian team a moral boost to full moral.
So nobody would like to get lost or alone from the group and maby take a shoot in the back for deserting your country.

" No surrender, you are a shame to your motherland!"
...*BANG!*

Upvote 0
thread

thread

Don't let it bother you, there are still Americans around that remember that the French were there for us in our hour of need, .
That was in 1777. They supplied much of the powder for our Revolution, plus the fleet that sealed Yorktown in 1781. Thanks.

The French who helped us were guillotined by the rest of the French. Even LaFayette was imprisoned on his return.

and that WWII was our way of returning the favor. .
We didn't fight WWII to thank the French for 18th century gunpowder and ships, we did it because it was right.

That and the sister of the Statue of Liberty resides somewhere in France =)
"We already got one, its verr nice..."

Upvote 0
Morale

Morale

I have another idea on this subject:

Lets add "MORALE" as a future to the game as stamina or healt.
when this bar reach 0 then you automatical surrender when u encounter a enemy at an special range lets say 10 meters or if you get under heavy fire.
But the MORALE bar will only turn low when you run out of ammo or get seperated from your unit or squad mates for a longer time or get wounded to bad. If you get close to your Officer then your MORALE bar will gain from low MORALE to a full rested hero that are not afraid off the enemy (somthing like a medic).

In this case the Officer will have a more Importain role in the game more then throwing smoke and call in artillery. The officer in the game has to keep hes troops not to surrender to an more tactical and mighty enemy.

Lets say your wounded and just got 1 clipp off ammo in your rifel and are alone behinde some rubbel suddenly an enemy turns up and then thats lower your moral bar to zero. What happens is that your automatical get your hands over your head and yells somthing with (Ger)" Nicht schizen" (Russ)"Dont shoot I have a family back home, you want vodka" or why not wave a white flag or somthing.
Your controls on your keboard will get totaly messed up when this happens, left will be right and so on. If the enemy accept your surrender then there team will get 1 or 2 more reinforcments tickes in bouns for your surrender. If the enemy is blinded by war and evil and shoots you they DONT get a ticket bouns.

Another thing would be cool if the russian Officer could shoot 1 team player with really low morale that is about to surrender, that would give the entire russian team a moral boost to full moral.
So nobody would like to get lost or alone from the group and maby take a shoot in the back for deserting your country.

" No surrender, you are a shame to your motherland!"
...*BANG!*

Very good idea.

Upvote 0
If we're going to add surrendering to the game, it should be kept as simple and easy as possible.

1. The only way to switch teams during a game is by surrendering.

2. To surrender, press the "Surrender" key. The game will then ask you: "Do you want to surrender? (Y/N)" This helps prevent accidental surrenders. Press "N," and you continue play as normal.

3. Press "Y," and you drop all weapons and raise your hands. You have now surrendered. You can still move around, take cover, etc.

4. To accept your surrender, an enemy must kill you. If an enemy kills you, you respawn as an enemy soldier. The enemy gets points for killing you as normal. This saves having to add an extra key for accepting surrenders, and adds a touch of Eastern-Front ruthlessness to the proceedings. :cool:

5. If you surrender, however, your own team no longer loses points for TK'ing you: instead, if they kill you, they score a point, as if they had killed an enemy soldier. But even if they kill you, you respawn as a member of the enemy team. Your former teammate just gets a point, and the satisfaction of executing a cowardly traitor to the mother-/fatherland. Not one step backward!

6. If you have surrendered, you can press the "Surrender" key again, and the game will ask you: "Do you want to resume fighting? (Y/N)" If you press N, you keep your hands up. If you press Y, you rejoin your own team, drop your hands, and can pick up a weapon if you can find one.

This way, surrendering just adds a bit of color to the game, and by having players shooting or bayoneting unarmed men with their hands up, it accentuates the true awfulness of the vernichtungskrieg on the Eastern Front.

The only possible abuse I can foresee is if a player surrenders when there are no enemy around. His teammates might then refuse to kill him, to keep him from going over to the enemy. But even then, I don't see how they could stop him from running off to find the nearest enemy, and eventually switching sides.

Upvote 0
4. To accept your surrender, an enemy must kill you. If an enemy kills you, you respawn as an enemy soldier. The enemy gets points for killing you as normal. This saves having to add an extra key for accepting surrenders, and adds a touch of Eastern-Front ruthlessness to the proceedings. :cool:
i agree with most of what you said but not with the fact that an enemy has to kill you, i would rather have the enemys capture you by going near you and a text would appear: "take him prisoner" he presses the use key and its done.
if not think of the kids saying to their parents " please mom, by this game for me, i heard you have to kill prisoners of war.. awesome!"

Upvote 0
i agree with most of what you said but not with the fact that an enemy has to kill you, i would rather have the enemys capture you by going near you and a text would appear: "take him prisoner" he presses the use key and its done.
if not think of the kids saying to their parents " please mom, by this game for me, i heard you have to kill prisoners of war.. awesome!"

My suggestion is a little Manhunt-ish, I'll admit. But remember that RO is rated M-17+: parents shouldn't be buying it for their kids in any case.

Your suggestion is more humane, and sends the right message to players. Mine is just a bit simpler.

Upvote 0