• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

• Total voters
What I'd think would work thematically for the GS, if I didn't have to consider any of the other perks:

• Zed-time extensions
  • Increased reload speed
  • Discount and increased # of mags for pistols
  • Can't be grabbed by clots
  • Movement bonus at least as good as medic's
  • No movement penalty when you're "in the red"
  • Huge damage bonus with pistols but only when you're "in the red"
  • Gain health by dealing damage, but only while "in the red"
  • Instant extended zed-time once you fall below 20 health to take maximum advantage of the above
  • Spawn with dual 9m and/or (dual) HC
  • To level you need to kill a number of each kind of zed except the patriarch with the pistols, as well as make a certain number of headshots with the pistols while on the run or while in the red
The idea, of course, being to emulate those movie gunfights where people are dodging and weaving and getting shot and beat up only to make dramatic comebacks...

+ no slowing movement during zed time (reload, firerate, movement,...)

Upvote 0
+ no slowing movement during zed time (reload, firerate, movement,...)
I understand what you're getting at... but it looked absolutely retarded in the Matrix and it'll look just as bad in KF. :|

The very best I can imagine of that effect is maybe for some kind of supernatural time-traveller perk.

Isn't it kind of redundant to make it so the player needs to be near death in order to stand a good chance of surviving? I can safely say I would play SS with deagles and get a reliable 50% headshot damage bonus instead of the gunslinger with a conditional damage boost. Even if it was crazy like 100% or something
Yeah, I was thinking something like 100+%. :) I think it's best to have either that or the gain-health thing which I originally thought of not as a lifesaving technique so much as a way to nerf the perk by preventing the player from staying in the red too long.

But all of those don't really fit KF. Which is kinda sad.
>_> <_<

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have an idea, how bout we don't make the revolver a high damager rather a smaller projectile inbetween the 9mm and the handcannon but allow it to shoot as fast as you can click (since revolvers can be shot extremely fast). This way, this class is more of a run and gun class

I would say the 9mm already fits into that category, as well the machine pistols if they are added. The revolver would be the Gunslinger's power weapon because, well, when you think "power pistol", you usually either think of a 1911, a deagle, or a revolver. And we already have deagles, which are typically more powerful then a 1911 anyway (in games, and probably IRL too).

Upvote 0
I would say the 9mm already fits into that category, as well the machine pistols if they are added. The revolver would be the Gunslinger's power weapon because, well, when you think "power pistol", you usually either think of a 1911, a deagle, or a revolver. And we already have deagles, which are typically more powerful then a 1911 anyway (in games, and probably IRL too).

M1911: .45ACP

Desert Eagle (KF): .44 Magnum.

So, no, it's not more powerful. I don't think at least. American measurements are silly and confusing.

Upvote 0
So, no, it's not more powerful.

untitled_clip_image003.jpg

.45 is just 0.01 of an inch wider. .44 is bigger otherwise, and it's been proven to pack more punch.

Upvote 0
untitled_clip_image003.jpg

.45 is just 0.01 of an inch wider. .44 is bigger otherwise, and it's been proven to pack more punch.

well i did say that the measurements were confusing.

Metric measurements are vastly superior.

7.62x51mm vs 5.56x45mm. Which one is more powerful is really straightforward.

Still, a M1911A1 would be nice to have. A lot of people like it so it'd be realistic.

Upvote 0
well i did say that the measurements were confusing.

Metric measurements are vastly superior.

7.62x51mm vs 5.56x45mm. Which one is more powerful is really straightforward.

Still, a M1911A1 would be nice to have. A lot of people like it so it'd be realistic.

I agree with you on all points here. Although I do find the metric ammo measurements confusing because there seem to be so many different guns chamered for different lengths of e.g. 7.62mm. But then again, the length part gets included and it's easy to track down exactly which rond you're after.

And yes, M1911-like handguns would be :IS2:.

Upvote 0
I agree with you on all points here. Although I do find the metric ammo measurements confusing because there seem to be so many different guns chamered for different lengths of e.g. 7.62mm. But then again, the length part gets included and it's easy to track down exactly which rond you're after.

And yes, M1911-like handguns would be :IS2:.

When they give some sort of measurment number designation on a round, it does not always means its referring to the slug size itself.

For example: .357 magnum, .38 special, and 9X19 parabellum all use the same 9mm slug.

But they are of different sizes of casings and ignition powder amount. thats why it gets so god damn confusing, because you really dont know what that number measurement is for untill you look the the schematics of the round.

Upvote 0
When they give some sort of measurment number designation on a round, it does not always means its referring to the slug size itself.

For example: .357 magnum, .38 special, and 9X19 parabellum all use the same 9mm slug.

But they are of different sizes of casings and ignition powder amount. thats why it gets so god damn confusing, because you really dont know what that number measurement is for untill you look the the schematics of the round.

I am actually confused now. :confused:

Upvote 0
I understand what you're getting at... but it looked absolutely retarded in the Matrix and it'll look just as bad in KF. :|

The very best I can imagine of that effect is maybe for some kind of supernatural time-traveller perk.

Yeah, I was thinking something like 100+%. :) I think it's best to have either that or the gain-health thing which I originally thought of not as a lifesaving technique so much as a way to nerf the perk by preventing the player from staying in the red too long.

>_> <_<

Yes but how can you kill a lot of zeds during zed time to level up only with slowing movement?

Upvote 0
I am actually confused now. :confused:

uhh heres another example then

.45-70 govt: .45 bullet, 70 grains of ignition powder

.30-06 springfield: .30 bullet, while the -06 refers to the casing

When they give a number for a round, you are not quite sure of whats it referring to, they do it mainly because to give it another name not to confuse it with another round.

Like .50 AE and .50BMG, Big difference.

Upvote 0
uhh heres another example then

.45-70 govt: .45 bullet, 70 grains of ignition powder

.30-06 springfield: .30 bullet, while the -06 refers to the casing

When they give a number for a round, you are not quite sure of whats it referring to, they do it mainly because to give it another name not to confuse it with another round.

Like .50 AE and .50BMG, Big difference.

Yeah that's a massive difference in .50 rounds.

The .50AE is 12.7mm wide (.50) and 32.6mm long. It'd be the 12.7x32.6mm round in metric. The .50BMG is 12.7mm wide (.50) and 99mm long. It is called 12.7x99mm NATO in metric.

The .50BMG compared to some other bullets:

cartridges.jpg

Cartridges in this photo are, from left to right: .50 BMG, 20 ga. 2.75", 7.62mm NATO, 5.56mm NATO, .50 AE, .45 ACP, .40 S&W, .357 Magnum, .38 Special, 9mm Luger, .32 ACP and .22 LR

The .50BMG is 1st, the .50AE is 5th.

EDIT: Free gun pron lol

Upvote 0
actually, they got modern single action revolvers, although they are made with newer and better materials and more percise craftmenship, much of the design is more or less the same.YouTube - COLT SAA They reload quite slow, and maybe thats actually perfect for the gunslinger for a good reason, because it allows a balance in the class by the very weapon hes using.

For example, the 9mm and handcannons are his more rapid attack weapons, while the revolver can be pulled out to give the occasional heavy smack to things that need to be taken down on the spot, but would force him to switch back to his weaker weapons, or force him to retreat back due to the slow reload time.

This would actually be benefical to TWI who would model and animate the gun too, look at the multi-grenade launcher; take out spent casing, insert new one, slide the cylinder, and repeat the animation. Same can be applyed to this kind of revolver; push the shell ejector, instert round, turn the cylinder in your hands with ur fingers. Taking a second and a half to insert each round would pretty much be as fast as it would get to load these.

SO! what I suggest then for the revovler, is this:

100_0399.jpg

BFR revovler chambered in .50AE, thats right, a revovler chambered in .50AE (seeing how the desert eagle in this game is chambered in .44 magnum). Has 5 shots, and you need to cock the hammer each shot. Would that not be awesome as an animation to watch him take out the revolver, and cock back the hammer when you switched to it, and then blow the head off a specimen clean off? What do you think of this revovler guys? Personally, I dont know of any other game that would have a single action revolver of anything of this sort.

Last edited:
Upvote 0