• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

US Marine uniforms - load-outs

Marine Rifleman

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
Early war uniforms

2rmp7hh.jpg

4jb291.jpg

Early war Marine Rifleman
M1903 Springfield 30.06
100 rds 20 5rd clips

2lclitw.jpg

Raider uniforms

a9tm2u.jpg

Mid war Marine Rifleman
M1 Garand semi auto 30.06
80rds 10 8rd clips

2mo1oo5.jpg

Automatic Rifleman
M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle 30.06
240rds 12 20rd mags

154kj0n.jpg

2s0ljsy.jpg

Para Marines with their folding stock Reising M55 SMG and M1 Carbine
The Marine on the right (in training) has a Johnson semi auto rifle.

293k7bl.jpg

Marine Tankers

105wtau.jpg

Seabee and Navy units

2mrznrq.jpg

782 Gear

Last edited:
Reactions: Miro!
126bswl.jpg

Did I mention we're gonna need shotguns in this game? lol

2upbosj.jpg

M1917 Browning Heavy MG

The Japanese HMG was just as cumbersome, so we need to figure out how to divide out the tripod+cradle and water can within the MG team without tying up too many people from performing other specialties.

I loved the way the M1919A4 in CoD UO was modeled, and totally hated the one in Darkest Hour.
CoD UO sounds for this MG were awesome as well.

and finally what Marine rifle squad would be complete without a Navy Corpsman?
10hly76.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicholas and PNV
Upvote 0
Agreed.
"raggedy a$$ Marines"
the last picture isnt a bad example
To emphasize this point, the first wave on any beach should be shown in clean uniforms. The skirmishes and battles towards the end of every campaign should show fatigued Marines with tattered BDUs.
I think it'll be a very good detail.

800px-Vlc_2010-05-04_16-57-47-23.jpg

1000 yard stare

ThousandYardStare.jpg

Based on my own experience, grunts generally become battle wise after a couple weeks in the field. Whether with the gear they carry or their behavior. Inexperienced grunts usually carry way too much needless equipment that they were taught to carry since training. While the veterans simplify things and only carry the bare essentials ("traveling light")
This is a very good example.

weapons_m1903_3.jpg

Rifle, ammo, helmet, bayonet

Marine%20Guadalcana%20600.jpg

wounded_Marine_is_carried_back.jpg

This guy with the carbine doesnt even have his ammo belt on

092.jpg

Reactions: Nicholas
Upvote 0
Agree! Hope they'll make them raggedy a$$ marines. A way to explain the misery of the pacific war. Like "The Pacific" but in a game!
About the hero class: I would love to see a pair of moccasins on a heroes feet, Easter egg from "The Pacific".
And the veteran'ish ragged equipment, helmet like the Sledge pic above, or just no helmet.

Anyway, whatever you do, I think I'll be more then pleased!

Upvote 0
Agree! Hope they'll make them raggedy a$$ marines. A way to explain the misery of the pacific war. Like "The Pacific" but in a game!
About the hero class: I would love to see a pair of moccasins on a heroes feet, Easter egg from "The Pacific".
And the veteran'ish ragged equipment, helmet like the Sledge pic above, or just no helmet.

Anyway, whatever you do, I think I'll be more then pleased!

bullcrap. how many soldiers were seen wearing moccasins? keep it realistic and practical.

heroes should have a distinct look, possibly rolled up sleeves and less kept appearance like in those photos, but nothing stupid like a moccasin or a skirt.

Upvote 0
Marine Rifleman on Guadalcanal in August 1942.

Marine Rifleman on Guadalcanal in August 1942.

Here is a photo of my father, Staff Sargeant Bernard Walter, 2nd Marine Division, on Guadalcanal in August 1942. Note the rifle has a bolt, they had yet to be supplied with the M-1 Garand. He is wearing an ammo belt. My dad landed and fought on Tarawa in November of 1943 and on Saipan and Tinian in 1944.

photo.php

Upvote 0
Here is a photo of my father, Staff Sargeant Bernard Walter, 2nd Marine Division, on Guadalcanal in August 1942. Note the rifle has a bolt, they had yet to be supplied with the M-1 Garand. He is wearing an ammo belt. My dad landed and fought on Tarawa in November of 1943 and on Saipan and Tinian in 1944.

photo.php

US Marines and Army were equipped with M1 Garand rifles in limited numbers on Guadalcanal according to the US Army Center of Military History.

To wit:

Weapons used on Guadalcanal (excerpt)

"American weapons had generally proved to be both potent and practical. The U. S. Rifle, M1 (Garand) had shown itself to be superior to the M1903 (Springfield), with which many marines had been armed. Other small arms were less satisfactory. The .45-caliber automatic pistol found little use. The Marines' Reising Gun, a .45-caliber submachine gun, proved to be almost worthless.3 The .45 caliber Thompson submachine gun, while efficient, sounded too much like Japanese .25 caliber weapons, and could not be safely employed at the front. Bayonets and knives were valuable in close combat at night, as were hand grenades, but rifle and antitank grenades lacked sufficiently sensitive fuses."

SOURCE

Last edited:
Upvote 0