• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server how can i extend time limits on my servrs

i2i

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
ok i'm very new with this whole hosting dedicated server thing

and i'm setting up a public server, but i've noticed that matches are ending all too quicklet, like in 5 minutes

i want to extend them to like an hour

so can someone please post the .ini properties i have to change and the values that i should use

is there like a time limit or tickets parameters

also, where is some very good documentation / tutorial that covers all the .ini file parameters

thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Norse Soldat
well thanks for your post

i've also not found out how

but i've played on servers where they've increased the number of tickets i think and so the match lasted much longer, like 30 minutes

but for the live of me i have not clue how to do it

so if someone knows please post

i like very long matches

i'm willing to host it

everyone wins!

can someone from tripwire please help. its now like a day and ive seen couple simular posts go unanswered :(

Upvote 0
ok thanks here is what i found

rules for game type Territory
Final Objective Override: 0
Reinforcement Limit: [Enabled|Disabled]
Reinforcement Scale: 1.0000
Round Limit: 2
Time Limit [Enabled|Disabled]

rules for game type Firefight
Final Countdown Time: 60
Goal Score: 0
Reinforcement Time Scale: 1.0000
Time Limit: 300
Win Strength Points (16 Player Server): 40
Win Strength Points (32 Player Server): 60
Win Strength Points (64 Player Server): 100

rules for game type Countdown
Final Objective Override: 0
Reinforcement Limit: [Enabled|Disabled]
Reinforcement Scale: 1.0000
Time Limit: [Enabled|Disabled]

any clues of what i have to change and what i have to change it to

let's say for an hour

thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Time Limit variable is located here:

ROGame.ini
Code:
[ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories]
bDisableTimeLimit=false

Just change it to true and restart the game.

You can even command line it:
Code:
ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories.bDisableTimeLimit True
Entering the above line modifies the .ini file instantly to True. I'm guessing it also changes the variable in-game and might extend the current round. If not, restart the game.

If you want to increase the time limit, then you might be able to force it by adding the line to other game types like this:
Code:
TimeLimit=1200
That's in seconds, 1200=20 min, 1800=30 min, don't set it to an hour please!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wow thanks very helpful

so the 300 is like why its 5 minutes!

so if you disable time limit what happens, how long does the match take?

is it then tickets that kick in

if so then where do i set tickets

or if you disable time limit then it uses the time limit which you set like in your example

of if you disable time limit its like forever.

i'll test and see

would be nice if we also had a way to set tickets (each time someone dies ticket for that side is reduced by one and the match goes on without time limit until tickets for a side reach 0)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wow thanks very helpful

so the 300 is like why its 5 minutes!

so if you disable time limit what happens, how long does the match take?

is it then tickets that kick in

if so then where do i set tickets

or if you disable time limit then it uses the time limit which you set like in your example

of if you disable time limit its like forever.

i'll test and see

would be nice if we also had a way to set tickets (each time someone dies ticket for that side is reduced by one and the match goes on without time limit until tickets for a side reach 0)

bDisableTimeLimit=false
TimeLimit=3600

MaxLives=20????????

You can change all these, but unforunately you can't change the lockdown timer (as far as i know)

Do not disable the time limit, it buggers up the arty,spotter plane, force respawn,cancel arty etc. options when you use the overhead map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't believe that any command line variable or change to the .ini would intentionally screw up the server by disabling artillery after first strike. There's got to be a reason.

Check these out:
Code:
[ROGame.ROGameInfo]
RocketTimeScaling=0.000000
ArtilleryTimeScaling=0.000000
MortarTimeScaling=0.000000
Anything * 0 = 0, and anything ^ 0 = 1, therefore with the above default settings, if you call in arty once, you will never have it again. TW needs to change these to:
Code:
[ROGame.ROGameInfo]
RocketTimeScaling=1.000000
ArtilleryTimeScaling=1.000000
MortarTimeScaling=1.000000

Set them all to 1 in your server's ROGame.ini for default arty cooldown.
Default arty cooldown is set by the map author, I think, and can be scaled by the server admin with the above variables. Half as much arty with 0.5, twice as much arty with 2.0, or one arty with setting of zero because the first barrage is set by the mapper's artillery frequency time, after that then the function returns zero artillery time, which means infinite cooldown (59m59sec timer which never counts down).

BTW if you do this, you will probably have to set the server's ROGame.ini to Read Only or it will change back to default every time the server restarts... I think. I don't have a server so I can't check.

Alternately you could change the default ROGame.ini.
Or, you could give this command line to the server:
Code:
ROGame.ROGameInfo.RocketTimeScaling 1 | ROGame.ROGameInfo.ArtilleryTimeScaling 1 | ROGame.ROGameInfo.MortarTimeScaling 1
The pipe is an in-line substitute for the enter key, you can substitute them with enter key if you want, or do them all at once with the pipe (shift-\, which looks like: |).

Note also I'm using simple script variable calls. You can do it with anything if you just use a period as a separator between the section in the .ini file: [section.subsection], and the variable: Variable=number and then substitute the = with a space in the command line.
The .ini file variable:
Code:
[ROGame.ROGameInfo]
RocketTimeScaling=1
The command line variable:
Code:
ROGame.ROGameInfo.RocketTimeScaling 1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is there like a time limit or tickets parameters

There is a ticket parameter:
Code:
[ROGame.ROGameInfoFirefight]
Limit=300.0
FinalCountdownTime=60
WinStrengthPoints16=40
WinStrengthPoints32=60
WinStrengthPoints64=100
MaxLives=0
Limit is the time limit in seconds.
WinStrengthpoints are the tickets or kill points to win. One point = one kill.
If you increase both at the same time you'd get longer matches. Or increase one or the other to favor a time limit victory or a points limit victory.
MaxLives is the countdown-style or last man standing respawn limit. Zero means infinite. One means you die once and that's it.

Last Man Standing Firefight would be:
Code:
[ROGame.ROGameInfoFirefight]
Limit=0
FinalCountdownTime=0
WinStrengthPoints16=160
WinStrengthPoints32=320
WinStrengthPoints64=640
MaxLives=10
Territories:
Code:
ReinforcementScale=1.0
ReinforcementScale is the way to adjust how many reinforcements (tickets) are in the game. When reinforcements = 0, it becomes a Last man Standing game. The original number is set by the mapper, which is good. Some maps require more reinforcements on the attacker's side. If the mapper sets them to 160 for both sides for 16 players, 320 for 32 players and 640 for 64 players, everyone would get an average of ten lives per game.

Then, if you adjust ReinforcementScale to 0.5, everyone would have an average of five lives. If you set it to 2.0, everyone would have about 20 lives. You wouldn't want that, I'd say small adjustments would be better, like 1.2 to increase reinforcements by 20%.

I'd have to poke around with Countdown and see if I could add variables from other gametypes to it and find out if they apply.

Last edited:
Upvote 0