• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ROHOS Avatars and Sigs

kllr101

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi all,

I know that people here and over the web are active on many different forums, social networking sites and places like YouTube.

So I had an idea that could help spice up the forum (as I've been noticing it's a bit dull).

How about we try come up with avatars or signature templates that people can use on places like YouTube/ forums over the web. All of which could have a small bit of ROHOS on it. Such as an outline of a soldier, RO tag or emblem somewhere. Just something that involves RO to help spread some (albiet subtle) word of RO. :)

I'm not very good at this kinda stuff, but I had a go at making my own avatar. This is what I ended up with (after a whole 10 minutes of work)

eb2eea8f5e983814042e189aaf57f2c8.jpg

It's just an outline of a ROHOS soldier with my username, but hey, It's a start. :D

Too soon! The reason I'm not showing HoS to my friends just yet because there are a lot of things that actually don't look that well. While the ones with the gamer mindset can accept that and see how great this game looks (please please please don't screw up TWI), some others would just handwave at the "funny" looking stumble animation-->death animation or how the buildings collapse.

When there is a truly mindblowing gameplay video out there (I'm sure TWI will provide one!) I will spread the word like no tomorrow. But right now, I think HoS wouldn't convince much other than hardcore rivet counters and realism fans. You know, the kind of people who can put up with the "interesting" controls of RO 1 :)

edit: I have already gave the game a mention on Versus The World Productions.

Upvote 0
We need better quality screenshots to make a good variety of avatars. You may dislike sigs but they are used internet wide and will be a great additional way of raising awareness of RO2.

Some of the avatars and sigs you get now as part of fan kits from the developers are really good, I like The Witcher 2 pack that GoG.com released for example.

Upvote 0
Too soon! The reason I'm not showing HoS to my friends just yet because there are a lot of things that actually don't look that well. While the ones with the gamer mindset can accept that and see how great this game looks (please please please don't screw up TWI), some others would just handwave at the "funny" looking stumble animation-->death animation or how the buildings collapse.

When there is a truly mindblowing gameplay video out there (I'm sure TWI will provide one!) I will spread the word like no tomorrow. But right now, I think HoS wouldn't convince much other than hardcore rivet counters and realism fans. You know, the kind of people who can put up with the "interesting" controls of RO 1 :)

edit: I have already gave the game a mention on Versus The World Productions.
Lol your post has nothing to do with this thread.

Upvote 0
Too soon! The reason I'm not showing HoS to my friends just yet because there are a lot of things that actually don't look that well.
Same here,Because just yesterday I showed the HOS videos to a friend who lives in former Stalingrad,and he tells me
"-классная реалистичная игрушка.
обезательно жду...
это следующая после легендарной Call of duty United Offensive.
-насколько качественно оружие прорисовано...
-насколько Криво (смотрите сами) бегают "NPC(боты). просто печально... прорисованы точки передвижений ботов FpointMove
-насколько некрасиво и непоняна нароисована карта, даже в старой но очень красивой Call of duty United Offensive нарисована более понятная карта.
-меню артилерий ваще "смешно" сделано как в Starcraft...сам Артелиририйский обстрел НАИЛУЧШЕ реализован реалистично сделан в Call of Duty United Offensive"

Roughly translated"cool realistic toy.
be skipped forward to ...
is the next after the legendary Call of duty United Offensive.
-How well the weapon drawn ...
How-curve (see for yourself) run "NPC (paper). Just sad ... traced the point of movement bots FpointMove
-How ugly and neponyana naroisovana map, even in an old but very beautiful Call of duty United Offensive painted a clearer map.
Menu artilery vasche "funny" made in Starcraft ... he Arteliririysky fire BEST implemented realistically done in Call of Duty United Offensive."

I ain't showing anymore friends until we get some HQ footage!!!

Reactions: V.Medvedev
Upvote 0